The Student Room Group

I've discovered being a Loner is how I wanna live my life.

So I said a few weeks ago that I'm fed up with people and wanted to see how long I would go being lonely.

I'm pretty much loving it.

All society wants to do nowadays is just be angry and rude to each other and always constantly be trying to get the 1 up on each other.

All my younger years I've tried desperately to get friends and be happy but have always had it thrown back in my face. But somehow after dropping everyone, I'm finally happy and I'm not lying, I am actually happy and don't have to like emotional posts on Facebook to prove it like a lot of people. I don't have to like constant posts about how I'm weird or whatever because I know I am and I shouldn't have to prove that to people.

Hell, I've even stopped with the online social media such as FB and any other websites with a comment section including here.

All it really is is people being racist, fighting over beliefs and trying to bulldoze other peoples lifestyles.

I'm still gonna get a job and everything and try get money but I'm gonna try keep social contact to a minimum.
I'm still gonna get a job and everything and try get money but I'm gonna try keep social contact to a minimum.

I strongly don't advise you do that, social interaction is healthy for human beings.
Original post by TSRguy100
So I said a few weeks ago that I'm fed up with people and wanted to see how long I would go being lonely.

I'm pretty much loving it.

All society wants to do nowadays is just be angry and rude to each other and always constantly be trying to get the 1 up on each other.

All my younger years I've tried desperately to get friends and be happy but have always had it thrown back in my face. But somehow after dropping everyone, I'm finally happy and I'm not lying, I am actually happy and don't have to like emotional posts on Facebook to prove it like a lot of people. I don't have to like constant posts about how I'm weird or whatever because I know I am and I shouldn't have to prove that to people.

Hell, I've even stopped with the online social media such as FB and any other websites with a comment section including here.

All it really is is people being racist, fighting over beliefs and trying to bulldoze other peoples lifestyles.

I felt like this earlier this year. i was sick of trying to make an effort with fake ass lying people.

Being alone for a while made me happy.

But right now, at this minute im not happy anymore.

but theres not anyone that i use to know that i miss...
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi5!
How are you going to get laid? How are you going to get promoted at work?
Reply 5
I always thought I'd be happy being alone. But now I have some great friends and a wonderful girlfriend and I don't know how I'd manage without them...

Social contact maketh a strong mind.
Reply 6
Original post by TheScienceBoy

I strongly don't advise you do that, social interaction is healthy for human beings.

Humans are cancer, you can actually call all these websites, facecancer, cancertube, cancergram, 9cancer and TheCancerRoom.
Hello, fellow introvert here. I have no idea what sort of age you are but what you said reflects quite a bit on how I perceived others during my time at secondary school, but after that point most people matured, a lot. I don't think being a 'loner' has to mean following a philosophy that other people are terrible and should be avoided at all costs, as once everyone has grown up a little, people aren't all that bad. Do stuff by yourself, absolutely, but don't have a mission to 'keep social contact to a minimum', just do what feels right at the time - you might be surprised at how great some people can be.
Reply 8
Original post by Pro Crastination
Hello, fellow introvert here. I have no idea what sort of age you are but what you said reflects quite a bit on how I perceived others during my time at secondary school, but after that point most people matured, a lot. I don't think being a 'loner' has to mean following a philosophy that other people are terrible and should be avoided at all costs, as once everyone has grown up a little, people aren't all that bad. Do stuff by yourself, absolutely, but don't have a mission to 'keep social contact to a minimum', just do what feels right at the time - you might be surprised at how great some people can be.

I am 19.
Reply 9
I'm very sympathetic to your cause. I'm not really a people person myself. I simply tolerate them because I have to.

I do very poorly in social situations (I can't stand work functions or being in a group of more than about 4 people) and never really know what to say. This surprises a lot of people because I am very outgoing at work so they expect me to be life and soul of the party when I'm not at work. Unfortunately I'm not at all. I tend to withdraw to a quiet corner!

I used to do a lot of independent travel when I was younger and would often go for weeks without speaking to another person. I'd be quite happy living in a stone croft by myself up in the Highlands of Scotland reading books, going for walks, and listening to wind howl at night.
Reply 10
Original post by cole-slaw
How are you going to get laid? How are you going to get promoted at work?

Nothing Dr Right Hand can fix, like I'll talk to the boss if I have to.

Quick Reply

Latest