The Student Room Group

What is the point of dating?

Why do people go on dates? If someone finds you attractive then that surely means they want to spend the rest of their lives with you?
Asking someone 'out' on a date is very American and I've just never understood it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Why do people go on dates? If someone finds you attractive then that surely means they want to spend the rest of their lives with you?
Asking someone 'out' on a date is very American and I've just never understood it.

Absolutely doesn't mean they want to spend the rest of their lives with you. especially if you've never spoken before and know nothing about each other.
Satire, surely?
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Satire, surely?

No, I have autism and I struggle to understand people's actions. I see everything in black and white thinking, I just don't understand other people and time to time I feel like an alien.
Original post by Anonymous
If someone finds you attractive then that surely means they want to spend the rest of their lives with you?

There is nothing more disappointing than to go out with an attractive woman only to discover she has the personality of a pot plant.

That is why we date.
Being attracted to someone doesn't mean they are a suitable life partner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending