The Student Room Group

American Summer Camps - Problem

I have just started my application for a summer camp with the company 'USA Summer Camp'. Everything seems fine apart from one problem, during the summer I was arrested for being drunk and disorderly, I paid the fix penalty notice and was told I wouldn't have to tell employers etc.
However one question states 'Have you ever been arrested, regardless of if it led to a conviction or not?' and asks to provide details.
Do I mention this? And If so, do I just mentioned the reason for the arresment and that I paid the fixed penalty notice. Will this affect my application?
I have feeling it'll have quite an impact on my application
Yes, you do. Lying will just make it worse because the arrest will show up on your background check (And these work abroad companies have to do a detailed background check)

You won't have to tell employers because it'll show up on your background check...
You have to mention it but tell them exactly what happened and why it happened and mention that you paid.

It probably will impact your application but i guess hope that they'll see your honesty and give you a chance anyway x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending