The Student Room Group

Things a 17 years old should kno or learn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riordave1875
Common sense... Seriously it appears to be alien to most 17 year olds

What?
Reply 61
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Thisdopeknows.com

Spoiler

:unimpressed::no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Banana virus X
how to make a soufflé omelette

Never heard of it
Reply 64
Original post by Uz25
Never heard of it

Well google it and make one on xmas morning for your family

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/ham-and-cheese-souffle-omelette
Original post by Uz25
Great advice! Well as far as self esteem I think i'm alright. I know when to talk etc. I can be shy at times tho.

I really want to learn driving but have no money,never had a job!

I used to feel inferior not having worked until I was 21 or learnt to drive at 23. In hindsight, I don't feel like I was a late bloomer: the min wage for younger people is barely worth the sacrifice of study time and car insurance for young people is often higher :wink:
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
I used to feel inferior not having worked until I was 21 or learnt to drive at 23. In hindsight, I don't feel like I was a late bloomer: the min wage for younger people is barely worth the sacrifice of study time and car insurance for young people is often higher :wink:

Aha lol true
How to be a responsible and functional member of society.
Original post by SophieSmall
How to be a responsible and functional member of society.

Aw, and how can you be one?
Original post by Uz25
Aw, and how can you be one?

By understanding you strengths and weakness and your value in society.

By being able to handle your money, budget responsibly and not get into debt and understand taxes and banking. Among other basic things that 8 year olds can learn such as how to cook, clean and do basic every day chores.

Being an adult isn't hard if you're not lazy and actually bother to do these simple things.
Maybe you should focus on learning your A-levels. And I assume re-taking your English Language GCSE too. (I'm just messing with ya. :wink:)
By understanding you strengths and weakness and your value in society.

By being able to handle your money, budget responsibly and not get into debt and understand taxes and banking. Among other basic things that 8 year olds can learn such as how to cook, clean and do basic every day chores.

Being an adult isn't hard if you're not lazy and actually bother to do these simple things.

Well, I know my strengths and weaknesses and value. Also, I know basic domestic chores. However, I do need to learn about handling money.

I think i need to improve my confidence level though. Like I can easily talk to others, but I don't like owning up to mistakes and hesitate to ask for help as I'm scared about the response I'll get and that people will think I'm stupid.
Reply 73
Compound interest
Original post by Uz25
Well, I know my strengths and weaknesses and value. Also, I know basic domestic chores. However, I do need to learn about handling money.

I think i need to improve my confidence level though. Like I can easily talk to others, but I don't like owning up to mistakes and hesitate to ask for help as I'm scared about the response I'll get and that people will think I'm stupid.

Not owning up to mistakes is a major character flaw and something you need to get over. No one wants to hire someone (or even be friends with someone) who can't say "I'm sorry I was wrong". I have in the past, and will continue to cut out people who cannot admit they're wrong because I cannot respect them.

You also need to get used to asking for help, everyone needs to ask for help at some point. The only person you're hurting by not asking for help when you need it is you.
Original post by CloakedSpartan
Maybe you should focus on learning your A-levels. And I assume re-taking your English Language GCSE too. (I'm just messing with ya. :wink:)

What made you consider that I should retake my GCSE English Language? I know you're "joking", but sometimes there's always a reason behind things.
Original post by Uz25
What made you consider that I should retake my GCSE English Language? I know you're "joking", but sometimes there's always a reason behind things.

It's another joke about the title. :P
Not owning up to mistakes is a major character flaw and something you need to get over. No one wants to hire someone (or even be friends with someone) who can't say "I'm sorry I was wrong". I have in the past, and will continue to cut out people who cannot admit they're wrong because I cannot respect them.

You also need to get used to asking for help, everyone needs to ask for help at some point. The only person you're hurting by not asking for help when you need it is you.

No, I mean I do owe up to mistakes, only when required.
Original post by Uz25
No, I mean I do owe up to mistakes, only when required.

What do you mean by "when required"?
Original post by CloakedSpartan
It's another joke about the title. :P

Oh my LOL, at least I now know to spell accurately as apparently I'm being marked for my GCSE skills.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending