The Student Room Group

Things a 17 years old should kno or learn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightwing51214
How to drive- it's essential for any future job

It's not really. It helps but it's not essential

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
It's not really. It helps but it's not essential

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely depends where you live. If I live and work in Liverpool for the rest of my life there is no way I'd waste money on a car when I can get around the entire city easily, quickly and in comparison to the costs of a car cheaply.
Original post by farzana99
not just a 17 year old but anyone really should know how to love themselves and if they don't then they should learn to because whoever you are you're a wonderful person!

Aww :smile:
Original post by SophieSmall
Yeah definitely depends where you live. If I live and work in Liverpool for the rest of my life there is no way I'd waste money on a car when I can get around the entire city easily, quickly and in comparison to the costs of a car cheaply.

Exactly, where I live everything is in walking distance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Exactly, where I live everything is in walking distance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite walking distance here depending on the job and what area of Liverpool you live in. But public transport here is great, goes pretty much every where and runs often and until past midnight in a lot of places. And I can get all around the entire area for £500 a year. It's be pretty silly for me to pay several thousands of pounds in insurance, tax, MOT ect and not to mention fuel and on top of that parking! Honestly seems more hassle having a car most of the time :tongue:
Not quite walking distance here depending on the job and what area of Liverpool you live in. But public transport here is great, goes pretty much every where and runs often and until past midnight in a lot of places. And I can get all around the entire area for £500 a year. It's be pretty silly for me to pay several thousands of pounds in insurance, tax, MOT ect and not to mention fuel and on top of that parking! Honestly seems more hassle having a car most of the time :tongue:

Tbf it does depend on the legs in question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Tbf it does depend on the legs in question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normal people strides are like 3 of mine, I've got little legs okay. :frown:
Normal people strides are like 3 of mine, I've got little legs okay. :frown:

Awwwwwww:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bank stuff
by seventeen i know how to do money stuff other than taxes as i didn't have enough to hit rates
cooking meals and cakes
jewellery stuff
the power of luxury (winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners-anon)
Original post by jamesthehustler
by seventeen i know how to do money stuff other than taxes as i didn't have enough to hit rates
cooking meals and cakes
jewellery stuff
the power of luxury (winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners-anon)

I literally know nothing to do with money.
I can cook basic recipes such as pasta and spag bowl.
Original post by Uz25
I literally know nothing to do with money.
I can cook basic recipes such as pasta and spag bowl.

learn to cook chicken and steak and you're set for life really
and money just learn not to get ripped off, if its to good to be true it will be almost certainly
Original post by jamesthehustler
learn to cook chicken and steak and you're set for life really
and money just learn not to get ripped off, if its to good to be true it will be almost certainly

I'm a Veggie
Original post by Uz25
Eg. . Cooking

Wear a condom.
Reply 117
When you're seventeen, you're adult. If you don't know how to manage your money, live on your own (and everything that implies : cooking, washing your laundry, tending to your house) or survive (first aid, basic survival skills), you're worthless.
Original post by halcee
When you're seventeen, you're adult. If you don't know how to manage your money, live on your own (and everything that implies : cooking, washing your laundry, tending to your house) or survive (first aid, basic survival skills), you're worthless.

Well 18 is when you're an adult. Nice advice. I need to learn first aid, laundry & finance
Original post by the terminator
know how to have fun, your teen years are your best years.

Well, that's me screwed then. My teen years have been boring as hell and I lack a social life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending