The Student Room Group

Politics and International Relations.... University choices

I know a little bit late... I'm Applying to Politics and International Relations courses..

My choices so far are
Birmingham
Kent
Essex
Durham.

Can't decide on the 5th, UEA Politics with foundation year is one option - not sure on the uni overall. What other courses/ universities would people suggest?

I'm a mature student btw (23 years old). So already have my A-levels.
I've looking into Aberystwyth, Brunel, Swansea...

I would ideally like one with study abroad options.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ConFitz
I know a little bit late... I'm Applying to Politics and International Relations courses..

My choices so far are
Birmingham
Kent
Essex
Durham.

Can't decide on the 5th, UEA Politics with foundation year is one option - not sure on the uni overall. What other courses/ universities would people suggest?

Cheers

Original post by Kenan and Kel
x

Thoughts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Umm....
Original post by ConFitz

My choices so far are
Birmingham
Kent
Essex
Durham.

Cheers

Does your profile says you are applying for vet med? 😀, but if you are now thinking of politics and int relations, dont dismiss the cambridge course, HSPS, which allows for specialization in the areas you are interested in
Reply 4
Original post by Stressed dad
Does your profile says you are applying for vet med? 😀, but if you are now thinking of politics and int relations, dont dismiss the cambridge course, HSPS, which allows for specialization in the areas you are interested in

Long story.... It's an old account :smile:

I would apply to cambridge (application deadline is October no?) also, wouldn't get in... don't have the grades...
Original post by ConFitz

I would apply to cambridge (application deadline is October no?) also, wouldn't get in... don't have the grades...

Okay, but you have some prestigious uni's on your list so I thought you may have made the Cambridge standard offer, A* A A ( sorry not asking you to actually disclose your grades) but I guess if you are excluding Cambridge, you are also excluding LSE?

ps good luck whatever choices you make, it will be an interesting area of study
(edited 8 years ago)
Important point :

Choose your 5 choices across grade ranges so that you have a good chance of several offers, and you have an obvious Insurance.

Therefore if you are predicted BBB - one 'risky' choice of AAB, three at BBB and one at BBC, or something pretty similar.
Original post by ConFitz

My choices so far are
Birmingham
Kent
Essex
Durham.

Cheers

Hello!
I am a current student at the Essex university and I've been studying here for 4 years! Feel free to ask me anything about it :smile:

^andriana :h:
Original post by ConFitz

I know the deadline has passed, but just to say - if you're a mature student and you're applying to one of Cambridge's four mature colleges (three if you're male), you can apply to a second applications round in March.
Swansea is a very good uni that is improving year on year. it has excellent nightlife. Probably the best of the options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending