The Student Room Group

Being bullied by a girl, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

He could ask a friend to record it secretly, so there is evidence of self-defence.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
What do I do? I am 18 years old... surely I shouldn't be name-calling her back?

Actually this is not petty and you did the absolute correct thing. She used homophobic language which I know schools don't take likely as you can actually end up at the police station for stuff like that. I don't actually know if year 13's get detentions, but she may have an in school suspension/they will talk to her and ring her parents up. Girls go and cry themselves as to sleep if their parents know anything they've done.

Source: I'm a 14 y/o girl
Original post by Jebedee
He could ask a friend to record it secretly, so there is evidence of self-defence.

Why would you even bother giving her the satisfaction of knowing that she's got you angry enough to hit her or insult her back?

How is your friend going to know when she will hit him? Is he psychic? Does he have a crystal ball? Or is he supposed to carry around a camcorder everywhere whilst he's on college premises?

The best option OP has is to avoid her; don't start any fights with her, her friends or her boyfriend. It's just not worth it
Personally I'm not sexist - if a guy talked to me like that I'd bangdrop him so the same goes for if it's a girl
Either you got smacked around something awful in school or you were privileged enough to be born somewhere this isn't an issue for you.

Self-defence isn't about "giving satisfaction", it is as it says "SELF-DEFENCE". Bullies in school will often have a small window of time to torment their victims, break-time or lunch-time so it certainly wouldn't be impossible to plan such a thing. Avoiding her might work but probably not, bullies have legs too.

Maybe it's just a case of a different generation but somewhere along the line people forgot to deal with all sorts of minutia over time.
Original post by AngryRedhead
Why would you even bother giving her the satisfaction of knowing that she's got you angry enough to hit her or insult her back?

Would you feel satisfied if someone broke your nose? NO
Original post by hejraat
Would you feel satisfied if someone broke your nose? NO

The bully hasn't broken his nose though, has she? OP has already made the issue known to the head of the college; I think he should try to avoid her and let them deal with it. False comparison
Original post by Jebedee
Either you got smacked around something awful in school or you were privileged enough to be born somewhere this isn't an issue for you.

Self-defence isn't about "giving satisfaction", it is as it says "SELF-DEFENCE". Bullies in school will often have a small window of time to torment their victims, break-time or lunch-time so it certainly wouldn't be impossible to plan such a thing. Avoiding her might work but probably not, bullies have legs too.

Maybe it's just a case of a different generation but somewhere along the line people forgot to deal with all sorts of minutia over time.

The bully is trying to get a reaction out of the OP by verbal harassment, not physically hitting him. It would be an over reaction on the part of the OP to hit her for name calling him, wouldn't it?

He has already informed the relevant authorities; if the situation escalates he's better off getting law enforcement involved considering this is potentially a crime based on sexuality discrimination which to my knowledge is illegal.

Of course, if she hits him he's more than entitled to hit her back in self defense; but the suggestion that he should start a physical fight with her or her boyfriend or whatever is ridiculous and would get him into more trouble than its worth
Reply 48
Chat **** get banged

Lol I swear I would never let a girl talk **** to me, first sign they do and they'll get a fist to there face
No you said it would give satisfaction if he/she hit her, I just pointed out that NO it does not give any satisfaction - let him/her deal with it themselves, some self respect please ffs
Snitches get stiches
Original post by hejraat
No you said it would give satisfaction if he/she hit her, I just pointed out that NO it does not give any satisfaction - let him/her deal with it themselves, some self respect please ffs

Original post by hejraat
Snitches get stiches

Are you 5 or something? This is 18 year olds we are talking about here; you should know and be mature enough at that age to be able to resolve things by the law of the land, not the law of the jungle.

If OP is hit first by the bully, then yeah, obviously hit back, but starting a physical fight with her or her boyfriend is a bad move; homophobic language is illegal in any case, he could easily get law enforcement involved if he really wanted to
No, read my original comment on that and I said only if she gets physical, I would never promote violence against someone who did not incite it first.

You can't run to the law over every little thing, it isn't their job to micromanage such stupid things and it is that kind of thinking that has turned our entire country into a bunch of p**sies.
Reply 53
OP fill up a sock of pennies and hit her with it when she's walking home then claim that your football boot in your gym bag hit her head
Original post by Jebedee
No, read my original comment on that and I said only if she gets physical, I would never promote violence against someone who did not incite it first.

You can't run to the law over every little thing, it isn't their job to micromanage such stupid things and it is that kind of thinking that has turned our entire country into a bunch of p**sies.

I'm glad we agree on something then :smile:

I'm not a guy or anything but think of how easily she could turn it around on him if anything got physical. I've had fights in high school tbf but when you're in sixth form really people should have moved past the jungle mentality.

I don't know what you mean by a 'bunch of pussies'; you have to live by the law of the land in this country or else you face consequences. It's really quite simple.
Reply 55
Backhand the **** out of her.
Its not that I'm 5 - are you 70? A punch in the face is quick takes little effort and very effective
Worst case scenario 'I've been getting bullied and i am sick and tired of it'
Have some self respect - if someone chats crap to you like that you just take them out... it won't happen again
Original post by Gul89
OP fill up a sock of pennies and hit her with it when she's walking home then claim that your football boot in your gym bag hit her head

He knows^^
Original post by hejraat
Its not that I'm 5 - are you 70? A punch in the face is quick takes little effort and very effective
Worst case scenario 'I've been getting bullied and i am sick and tired of it'
Have some self respect - if someone chats crap to you like that you just take them out... it won't happen again

No one is starting a physical fight with OP; you are talking about something which isn't happening in this scenario.

Yes, okay, you do you. But I doubt the courts of law would accept 'she was insulting me' as a valid excuse for hitting someone.
Mate are you stupid? I am not saying OP is going to get hit im saying THAT OP SHOULD HIT HER REGARDLESS OF IF SHE GETS PHYSICAL...

As for court... this crap wouldn't go court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending