The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge Ph.D. Sociology Interview

Hey,

I was invited for a Ph.D. interview at Cambridge University (Dept. of Sociology). Has anyone here absolved the interview and perhaps has any recommendations or observations? Is it likely for Ph.D. applicants to get rejected after the interview phase? (EU applicant)

Thank you...
(edited 8 years ago)
In general make sure you can talk about why a PhD, why there, why that PhD, your career plans and interests in the field/proposal. And yes you can get rejected after interview. They're most likely interviewing a few people per position.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Thank you. In the end it was very pleasant and my interviewer told me I should expect acceptance letter in the upcoming days.
Reply 3
Original post by d1993
Thank you. In the end it was very pleasant and my interviewer told me I should expect acceptance letter in the upcoming days.

Congratulations! I hope you are now enjoying your programme. I sent you a private message, please check.
Original post by Tunde20
Congratulations! I hope you are now enjoying your programme. I sent you a private message, please check.

This user's last activity was in March 2018 (and last post was in November 2017), so you might not get an answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending