The Student Room Group

Not turning up to an interview

I have an interview on Wednesday for Newman university but I don't actually want to go there, if I don't attend the interview without contacting the university what will happen and will my college be notified that I haven't gone to the interview?
Thanks ☺️
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GLB
I have an interview on Wednesday for Newman university but I don't actually want to go there, if I don't attend the interview without contacting the university what will happen and will my college be notified that I haven't gone to the interview?
Thanks ☺️

Why would you do that? In any walk of life, that would be inconsiderate to those who will be organising the interview and preparing to talk to you. Just phone them and tell them that you won't be attending the interview. It's not difficult and they'll appreciate not being inconvenienced.
Original post by GLB
Thanks ☺️

Just email the university?

One or more people have blocked out time in their no doubt busy diary to interview you. Not turning up is inconsiderate and a waste of their time. There's really no excuse not to email them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If you are going to cancel your interview, its worth contacting the Admissions team to inform them by email or phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending