The Student Room Group

Hospital Volunteer interview?

I have an interview at a children's hospital as a meet & greet volunteer and I was wondering if anyone knew of any questions I may be asked. Any advice would be helpful! Every job/uni interview I've ever been to I've been unsuccessful :frown:
Original post by Runescapian
I have an interview at a children's hospital as a meet & greet volunteer and I was wondering if anyone knew of any questions I may be asked. Any advice would be helpful! Every job/uni interview I've ever been to I've been unsuccessful :frown:

So you will be the face of the hospital so you must smile and be presentable. You will see some horrendous sights - some of the deformities are quite shocking - so it is important that you do not react. There will be difficult parents - who are anxious so may be aggressive - you must be calm and helpful. There will be parents who cannot speak english - so you must be slow with them.

As long as you are aware of these things you should be fine.

Questions you may be asked

1. Is confidentiality important - answer yes at all times
2. What do you do if you don't know something a parent asks - always find someone to help - don't just leave the parent to flounder
3. What is a child tells you something in confidence that worries you - what should you do.....
4. Why do you want to volunteer

If you grasp these things - be confident in your interview - you should be fine
Thank you!!!
what squeak squirrel said.

They wnat to know why you picked them and what you have to offer i.e the skills they would find useful. Learn about their work and what the position involves. Volunteer jobs are asier to get and less formal. they should ahve sent you information about the position. Sometimes they send you a person profile.

identify the skills they want and then give them examples of where you use them. The other bit of squirrels post is sometimes they ask you about what you would do in a given situation. the golden answer is if you do not know, then you use some common sense and ask someone who does.

Be smiley, thoughtful and personable in the interview and thats the sort they wnat meeting and greeting with a fundation of common sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending