The Student Room Group

What are your slightly unrealistic goals in life?

Scroll to see replies

- Get an A in German AS Level, then A* in A2 (not unrealistic but it's so ****ing hard...and my poor GCSE grade doesn't help).
- Get an A in Philosophy AS Level then A* in A2 (even ****ing harder)
- Get a first in uni when I get to there..

And I guess (though I am seriously re-evaluating my life constantly) I'd like to be able to do a PHD in linguistics or something.
Original post by Millie-3
I keep misreading your username as whorface as in whore face...

Ha, that might say more about your state of mind than my username choice.
Original post by whorace
Ha, that might say more about your state of mind than my username choice.

Well played dude, well played
Original post by Inexorably
- Get an A in German AS Level, then A* in A2 (not unrealistic but it's so ****ing hard...and my poor GCSE grade doesn't help).
- Get an A in Philosophy AS Level then A* in A2 (even ****ing harder)
- Get a first in uni when I get to there..

And I guess (though I am seriously re-evaluating my life constantly) I'd like to be able to do a PHD in linguistics or something.

I really like how directed you are with the whole German thing. I'd love to learn quite a few languages, the problem is whenever I start learning I can't commit. I swear I know a bit of about 10 languages now just because I can't decide which to learn properly.
Reply 124
Study at Oxford
Original post by Kholmes1
Become a Pokemon Master.

What about Pokemon GO? I think you can in real life! Looking forward to the release!
****ing Sophie Turner into the middle of next week.
1. Have Lara Croft's figure HOT DAMN.
2. Actually have a work ethic.
3. Getting a PhD from one of the top universities in the world.
4. Speak French, German, Korean, Russian and Mandarin.
5. Become a astronaut. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Apply to Oxbridge.
Go to Oxford or Cambridge University.
Reply 130
Study Law at cambridge, become a legal adviser then become a civil servant then a polititian then t
join the UN
To be happy
Original post by bluepearl7
To be happy

Aw :frown:
You will be happy one day :hugs:

1. Live in a mansion in the countryside/penthouse in central London
2. A walk in wardrobe full of designer shoes, handbags and clothes
3. Earn 250K+ a year

Yh I'm materialistic
To invent a time machine so that I can go back to 1939 and rape Hitler.
I would love to become editor of the British Photography Journal, climb Everest and meet someone who I don't have to be shy with
Reply 135
Study Engineering Sciences at Cambridge University and then maybe get a work placement in Germany for a bit
Fleet of supercars, townhouse in Belgravia, superyacht named after my mum
neurosurgeon
Original post by Dinasaurus
What are everyone's like, somewhat unlikely goals in life? They can range from just optimistic to far-fetched. What do you plan to achieve in this life time.

My first goal would be to get to and finish a uni degree, not too crazy I guess.

I'd also like to be an example on the wikipedia page about my people and make my family name known.

To graduate with a 1st/2:1 and securing a job post-university.

Otherwise, become a professional wrestler. Not necessarily WWE, but to earn money wrestling
Original post by whorace
I really like how directed you are with the whole German thing. I'd love to learn quite a few languages, the problem is whenever I start learning I can't commit. I swear I know a bit of about 10 languages now just because I can't decide which to learn properly.

Thank you :smile:. I have the same issue when I try to take up another language weirdly; I tried to do Luxembourgish and I gave up after a few weeks, then I tried Russian and I can't commit to it enough either. It's quite weird how I can stay so focused on German... perhaps I just love it more.

Quick Reply

Latest