The Student Room Group

Appealing a Rejection from KCL?

Hey.... so I recently got a rejection from KCL. Their reason was that i didn't meet the minimum entrance requirements when I did.... if their reason was that my personal statement wasn't strong enough or anything else i'd let it go but my grades?

I'm an international Student so i do an a level equivalent called CAPE (Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations) and CSEC as my GCSE Equivalent

For CSEC I got 11 one's ( basically 11 A*)
For CAPE Unit 1 (aka As) I got 4 Ones (4 A's)
For CAPE unit 2 (A2) I'm predicted 4 Ones as well

So i don't get it.....
Get in contact with them and ask. Not sure why they rejected you.
Original post by NinjaChlo
Hey.... so I recently got a rejection from KCL. Their reason was that i didn't meet the minimum entrance requirements when I did.... if their reason was that my personal statement wasn't strong enough or anything else i'd let it go but my grades?

I'm an international Student so i do an a level equivalent called CAPE (Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations) and CSEC as my GCSE Equivalent

So i don't get it.....

You'll have to ask them, not us. If they have made a mistake, then you need to discuss it with them. If, as I suspect, it's a case of them having too many qualified people and having to thin them out somehow, you won't get anywhere, but if it's a genuine misunderstanding, they might at least reconsider you. Go over your application with a fine tooth comb to see if you have accidentally missed something out.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You'll have to ask them, not us. If they have made a mistake, then you need to discuss it with them. If, as I suspect, it's a case of them having too many qualified people and having to thin them out somehow, you won't get anywhere, but if it's a genuine misunderstanding, they might at least reconsider you. Go over your application with a fine tooth comb to see if you have accidentally missed something out.

Yeah I think i'll ask for feedback. I guess I'm really sad about it because a friend of mine applied last year with two ones, a two and a four (2 A's, 1 B and a D) and he got an offer.... but he did i guess better extra curricular like he was a youth parliamentarian and on the debate team while I did ballet and Steel Pan :/

So i don't get it.....

Did you check that they accepted CAPE? I know not all school leaver exams taken abroad are considered equivalent to A-Level. If they did say that, then you can always email for clarification.
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
Did you check that they accepted CAPE? I know not all school leaver exams taken abroad are considered equivalent to A-Level. If they did say that, then you can always email for clarification.

Yup it's Stated on their website that CAPE are accepted qualifications
Yup it's Stated on their website that CAPE are accepted qualifications

In that case its worth dropping admissions an email saying you are wondering why you got rejected, but don't hold your hopes up that they will change their mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending