The Student Room Group

Fare Evasion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
I think if they were going to prosecute they would have just done it as opposed to offering the chance for an explanation/apology.

They could be using that to essentially gain a confession to be used to prosecute
Reply 41
Original post by 999tigger
The letter is fine. Id be more interested in their letter to you and in particular a contact number where your mum might chat informally to them. They might just be ok with a penalty fine and the leter helps in that regard because it has the abcking of your parents. If you pay a penalty fine then you will be able to avoid prosecution plus you are only 17. A criminal record is something you wnat to avoid.

Woth any luck you will have your parents to thank for getting you off the hook.

It seems to be a generic letter sent out, asking for details and about why i did it. I don't mind paying any fine, just anything more than that as i have high aspirations... Thank you very much
Original post by barnetlad
Get a solicitor. Would you expect to get away with stealing food from a shop?

Original post by owencooper
seriously??

The point I was making is that it is theft, just as not paying for petrol for your car would be.
Original post by barnetlad
The point I was making is that it is theft, just as not paying for petrol for your car would be.

don't be a twonk about this
Original post by owencooper
It seems to be a generic letter sent out, asking for details and about why i did it. I don't mind paying any fine, just anything more than that as i have high aspirations... Thank you very much

Think the fact you got your parents involved will help. It should be possible for your mum to have a chat with them and see how the land lies.
Reply 45
Original post by 999tigger
Think the fact you got your parents involved will help. It should be possible for your mum to have a chat with them and see how the land lies.

Thank you.
What was the outcome of this??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending