Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a Muslim girl I don't want to fall for him ( non muslim) advice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutorscience)
    Yeh right... btw do you like curry? <3
    You're a ****. Do you say that to everyone that looks vaguely from the Indian subcontinent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    And who defines what Islam is?
    Allah through the Quran and Messanger pbuh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    You're not allowed to talk to boys unless it's work related???????????????
    What other reasons are there to talk to boys?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE
    Tbh even if religion wasn't there, deep inside I wouldn't date him.[/QUOTE]

They why mention religion in the thread title ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In Islam we're not allowed to be friends with boys right?
    Yeah I'm just going to stay away from him.
    If he talks to me, I'll reply back tho.
    Should I ask him whether he's crushing?

True I'm not ganna become friends with him. If he talks to be I'll reply back
    So you're not going to be friends with him simply because he's got a penis? That's pathetic.

Everyone is equal regardless of any differences between them. Everyone deserves to be judged solely on their merits. Yet here you are judging people based on the uneducated ramblings of a medieval rapist. It's despicable. You and all others like you need to grow up and think for yourselves for a change.

If you're that shallow then you don't deserve his friendship anyway - or the friendship of any other person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy™)
    What other reasons are there to talk to boys?
    Is that a serious question.

ask him if he's crushing. I like a non-muslim guy too and I'm going to as well.
    What are you going to do if he says yh

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    So you're not going to be friends with him simply because he's got a penis? That's pathetic.

Everyone is equal regardless of any differences between them. Everyone deserves to be judged solely on their merits. Yet here you are judging people based on the uneducated ramblings of a medieval rapist. It's despicable. You and all others like you need to grow up and think for yourselves for a change.

If you're that shallow then you don't deserve his friendship anyway - or the friendship of any other person.
    I'll be his friend , but will keep distance so neither of us develop feelings. I'm not ganna flirt etc

What are you going to do if he says yh

I'll be his friend , but will keep distance so neither of us develop feelings. I'm not ganna flirt etc
    Befriend him, be his friend. Try not to do anything sexual. If something does happen i don't care anymore, I will set limits for myself, all I know if I'm definately going to keep virginity whatever happens with anyone, other than that I'm sick of restricting myself like this cause it messes me up in the head.

also, long story short: liked a guy before I thought he was goddamn perfect for me despite his flaws, stopped speaking to him cause it's not allowed in islam: liked him for 2-3 years in secret: when he liked someone else it killed me, hurt SO MUCH. I am not putting myself through that again, it's like missed opportunites very stupid, I regret.

Difference between us though I actually like this guy, you said you wouldn't even date your crush if you weren't muslim.

disclaimer: being his friend - you will catch feelings lmao. Don't say I didn't warn you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1408)
    What? Im not saying to do the sin all i'm saying is to talk to her family about it rather than here. Your the one who said

Leaving islam is a much bigger sin than just talking to a boy. And that's exacly what you probably want. for him/ her to leave islam. Noone brainwashes me, I don't even live with my family but I always tell them about whats happening in my life, its the least I could do for my parent since they spent so much time raising me up, loving me and caring for me!
    I don't understand this.

Muslims are always going on about how "white people are wasist!111!!!!!1111." But they're the one's who think that all non-Muslims are inferior to them. You think it's a sin to date a non-Muslim (even if the guy was the nicest, most selfless guy on the planet) simply because they're not Muslims. You think none of our opinions matter because we're not Muslims. To you our advice is worthless because we're not Muslims. Then there's the homophobia that Islam promotes...

Hell, you people are even mysogenists! "Women can't talk to men but men can talk to women. Women can't be friends with men. Women must wear a Hijab but men can wear whatever they want to." I'm no feminist but seriously guys, reading some of your comments is making me want to go full blown SJW on you! Do any of you even bother to think about what your religion tells you?! Honestly, it's no wonder terrorism is monopolized by Muslims.

You people are born individuals. You all deserve better than this racist, mysogenistic, homophobic upbringing. Your future kids deserve more than this as well. I get that it's difficult to resist the indoctrination, but you're not even trying are you?! Now please don't misunderstand me. I'm not telling you to abandon Islam. I'm just saying, isn't it time you people started thinking independently and reformed Islam so that it promotes peace instead of hate and superiority complexes? It's just a thought.

Befriend him, be his friend. Try not to do anything sexual. If something does happen i don't care anymore, I will set limits for myself, all I know if I'm definately going to keep virginity whatever happens with anyone, other than that I'm sick of restricting myself like this cause it messes me up in the head.

also, long story short: liked a guy before I thought he was goddamn perfect for me despite his flaws, stopped speaking to him cause it's not allowed in islam: liked him for 2-3 years in secret: when he liked someone else it killed me, hurt SO MUCH. I am not putting myself through that again, it's like missed opportunites very stupid, I regret.

Difference between us though I actually like this guy, you said you wouldn't even date your crush if you weren't muslim.

disclaimer: being his friend - you will catch feelings lmao. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Yh true stuff friendship

ReputationRep:
    That think those people aren't true?
    Wth are u talking about?
    So basically instead of saying don't let your religion control you, you actually meant "don't follow your religion"?
    I never said that, you inferred that due to your interpretation of your own religion. I said you shouldn't let it control you. If you WANT to follow every single aspect of your religion to the letter, feel free to do so, but you shouldn't feel forced to just so you can say "I am a Muslim".

Islam defines what a Muslim is, if you don't do certain things then u aren't a Muslim. Simple as that.
    It is not your place to say what a Muslim is. There are plenty of people who consider themselves to be Muslims and are married to non-Muslims. If you want to disagree with it, feel free to do so in private, but don't go forcing your beliefs on others. Don't agree with what I'm saying? Fair enough, I don't really care what you think. You have shown yourself to be the sort of person I don't particularly want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    You're not allowed to talk to boys unless it's work related???????????????
    Of course, women can't be friends or soulmates, only baby-making machines and servants.
    I'm pretty fed up of trying to be tolerant of the super-conservative aspects of Islam, so there you go.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good start. Don't worry yourself too much over it if you do end up with feelings for him - it's just biology at work and there's nothing wrong with it at all, it's normal. Please be careful not to confuse dating and white people with that insulting stereotype of the silly girl in revealing clothing giggling and hanging off of a guy's arm either. There are people like that in every culture, in fact - I see Asian girls doing it all the time. I must say, I respect Islam's restriction of this. People like that do need to be reigned in a bit IMO, but don't take that restriction to the extremes of not being allowed to talk to men. Men are human beings just like us girls, think of it like that and you'll get along fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Of course, women can't be friends or soulmates, only baby-making machines and servants.
    I'm pretty fed up of trying to be tolerant of the super-conservative aspects of Islam, so there you go.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Why is it so wrong for a muslim to date a non-muslim? Will you fall away from your faith, if you date him?
    She will spontaneously combust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    As a Muslim, do the right thing and stay away from him.

I'm sure you're wise enough to know what the rulings are on dating or forming friendships with males in Islam.

Insha Allah you'll do the right thing
    Damn I'd just love to be a Muslim woman :]

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on what kind of a Muslim you are. If you are a fundamentalist, Sunni wahabi Muslim, you would probably not want to talk to this guy. However, in my opinion, there are more important aspects of Islam that are often ignored and less important aspects that are strictly regulated, such as eating pork, drinking alcohol, not praying Salah 5 times a day etc.

Lying, gossiping and even smoking shisha is haram, however many nowaday Muslims do not consider these as haram. Ofcourse, Zina is a big sin according to the religion and having pre-marital sex would result 100 whips in Sharia law in Saudi Arabia, however I do not think dating, or being friends with a guy is wrong. I am Muslim and I'm currently in a relationship with a girl for 7 months, and I do not see it is a problem, since I am doing my duty as a Muslim everyday by trying to be a better person and Muslim by being kind, helpful and honest. At the end of the day, it is your decision and your belief, and only Allah can judge you, not some hypocritical Muslims or anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Allah through the Quran and Messanger pbuh
    And who has the right "interpretation"? The Quran is very vague and ambiguous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    I never said that, you inferred that due to your interpretation of your own religion. I said you shouldn't let it control you. If you WANT to follow every single aspect of your religion to the letter, feel free to do so, but you shouldn't feel forced to just so you can say "I am a Muslim".

It is not your place to say what a Muslim is. There are plenty of people who consider themselves to be Muslims and are married to non-Muslims. If you want to disagree with it, feel free to do so in private, but don't go forcing your beliefs on others. Don't agree with what I'm saying? Fair enough, I don't really care what you think. You have shown yourself to be the sort of person I don't particularly want to know.
    I don't care if you don't want to know me, it's ironic how you don't want me to voice my thoughts yet you are so eager to share yours.

You said "don't let your religion control you" then you gave examples of people not following their religion correctly. That only implies you are telling them not to follow their religion because you justified your statement by using them reasons. You are implying that she shouldn't let her religion stop her from seeing a non-muslim guy. Therefore you are telling her to not follow her religion. What part of that isn't obvious to you? Where does my 'interpretation of my religion" (let's pretend that makes sense) come in?

In islam, women aren't allowed to marry non-muslims. If they do so it's a sin. I literally also said that Islam is what defines a muslim, not anyone else. If someone does something, that can take them out of the fall of islam, whether or not they still call themselves a muslim is irrelevant because the whole point is that they're a muslim by allahs judgement and no one else's.

I am disagreeing with you telling her to not follow her religion for no reason. It's like me just randomly saying to you "don't let your hair grow on your head" (in other words; shave the hair off of your head) for no reason other than i don't like your hairstyle.

Please tell me one point where i have forced my beliefs on others. I'm not the one instructing someone to not follow their beliefs due to my own preference (like you did). It's funny how everything you accuse me of applies to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    And who has the right "interpretation"? The Quran is very vague and ambiguous
    ... no it's not?
    The interpretations of the quran aren't disputed that much, it's whether you follow certain people and which hadith you follow. Maybe little things about moving your finger in prayer and things like that but there are specifics in the quran which have to be followed. Basically the main course is the quran and the side dishes are everything else if you know what i mean.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.