The Student Room Group

Maintence loan showing as £0

I have previously studied and received funding for a period of 1 year towards a degree before dropping out. Now I am trying to apply for student finance for my new course, and when it comes to the maintenence loan, it is showing I am only eligible for £0.

Why is this? Am i not eligible to receive it or is it a glitch in the system?
Original post by VtecKickedInYo
I have previously studied and received funding for a period of 1 year towards a degree before dropping out. Now I am trying to apply for student finance for my new course, and when it comes to the maintenence loan, it is showing I am only eligible for £0.

Why is this? Am i not eligible to receive it or is it a glitch in the system?

When you filled in your previous study did you state that you were awarded a degree? This is a common mistake applicants make - 1st year study can mean you're awarded university credit or a CertHE but not a degree. If you say that you have a BA/BSc already then further undergraduate study isn't funded.
Hi

Please ensure if you have previous study and did not gain the qualification, that this is indicated on the application. If you are unsure if you have put this, please call: 0300100 0607 and we can check for you.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending