Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have just done the specimen papers for the new AQA biology AS-level , and I just wanted to ask if anyone else has done it ? How did you find it ? What do you think the grade boundaries should be for both papers, and overall ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    bump.
    53 - A
    45 - B
    38 - C
    30 - D
    23 - E

(approx)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    53 - A
    45 - B
    38 - C
    30 - D
    23 - E

(approx)
    Thanks, is this for paper 1 or 2 ? What do you think overall ? And how did you find the papers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    Thanks, is this for paper 1 or 2 ? What do you think overall ? And how did you find the papers ?
    Both. I don't know what the exact grade boundaries will be. However, in recent years biology is quite low and this new spec can make things more difficult.

So it's a safe bet to say 70% raw marks is an A.

Paper one is easy-ish. Haven't done paper two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Both. I don't know what the exact grade boundaries will be. However, in recent years biology is quite low and this new spec can make things more difficult.

So it's a safe bet to say 70% raw marks is an A.

Paper one is easy-ish. Haven't done paper two.
    yeah I agree, I did a lot better in paper 1, paper 2 is really difficult because there is so much application and data analysis questions

ReputationRep:
    hi where did you get the specimen paper for new AQA Biology a level exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomachan)
    hi where did you get the specimen paper for new AQA Biology a level exam
    AQA website

ReputationRep:
    i can find the link could you post it if u don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomachan)
    i can find the link could you post it if u don't mind
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ment-resources

ReputationRep:
    HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.
    Hiya, just tried the specimen papers- found them hard- just little nitty gritty bits... grade boundaries will hopefully be low as first year... has to be our year where it all changes lol!
    I too find the application and data analysis section hard.... Would you mind sending me the papers please?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola1244)
    Hiya, just tried the specimen papers- found them hard- just little nitty gritty bits... grade boundaries will hopefully be low as first year... has to be our year where it all changes lol!
    I too find the application and data analysis section hard.... Would you mind sending me the papers please?!!
    send me an inbox

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got copies of the new specimen papers released?

ReputationRep:
    Could I have the specimen papers please?

ReputationRep:
    good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?

ReputationRep:
    made a thread for the specimen set 2 paper check it out.

ReputationRep:
    made a thread for the specimen set 2 paper check it out.

Hello, could you inbox me the set 2 papers? cant find the thread unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdd_98)
    good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?
    Hey my teacher told me to circle key words in question and try and extend concepts from it from what you have learnt. I have done this and it has helped.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the two new 2015 specimen papers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.