The Student Room Group

Foundation year student loan?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've recently firmed Anglia Ruskin for Zoology and having asked them that if I don't make the grades, would I be considered for the foundation year resulting in the course being 4 years long all together, to which they replied yes I'm now wondering about student loans, would studying for an extra year affect my loan in anyway? I assumed that loans only cover a conventional three year course, hopefully that's not the case?
Original post by Nicoley-oley
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've recently firmed Anglia Ruskin for Zoology and having asked them that if I don't make the grades, would I be considered for the foundation year resulting in the course being 4 years long all together, to which they replied yes I'm now wondering about student loans, would studying for an extra year affect my loan in anyway? I assumed that loans only cover a conventional three year course, hopefully that's not the case?

If you have applied for student finance then you can change it if you don't get the grades for you firm choice.

Student Finance England will loan out the money for any undergraduate course.
Original post by killerkilbee1
If you have applied for student finance then you can change it if you don't get the grades for you firm choice.

Student Finance England will loan out the money for any undergraduate course.

Ahh okay, thank you. I've heard some people have had to fund their foundation year themselves before so I was panicking a bit :redface:
You may be thinking of around action course? But yeah, a foundation year plus your other years to make it a degree are funded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending