The Student Room Group

I got a second degree burn and the healing is making me insecure please help?

On 28th may I spilled hot boiling water all over my chest area to my bell ybutton area, now im sure its not a third degree as blisters formed after a while I rushed to the doctor and I have been going every 2 days to apply a cream called meebo and getting patched but I was told I do not need to come anymore and can apply the cream on my own and let it expose to air. Some of the skin was gradually peeled by the nurses over the course of my visits and left a pinkish skin undernearth that covers rougly 3/4th of my full burn area, the other parts are sort of either lighly black lines some darker then others and some that feel a bit more harder then others. I am a guy who takes care of his body and im really worried about this I cant take my shirt of for my gf neither do I want to and I feel terrible and insecure for the first time in my life in a long time. Will my normal skin come back? what can I do? how LONG will it take, I know it will heal but how long really?? Someone please help me out thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending