The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for university?

So basically, I went to university in 2014 and dropped out.

Now I decided I want to reapply to go to a university again. To be honest, I'm not massively fussed about which uni I go to, as long as it's a good one.

I signed up to UCAS today and I'm at the point where I have to enter my 5 choices. My questions are:

-Can I apply anywhere for anything, or will this be affected by the fact that I'm applying so late?
-If I can only apply to universities with places available, will UCAS only let me apply for those ones
- Is there a way of telling which universities still have places available?

Thanks all.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
So basically, I went to university in 2014 and dropped out.

Now I decided I want to reapply to go to a university again. To be honest, I'm not massively fussed about which uni I go to, as long as it's a good one.

I signed up to UCAS today and I'm at the point where I have to enter my 5 choices. My questions are:

-Can I apply anywhere for anything, or will this be affected by the fact that I'm applying so late?
-If I can only apply to universities with places available, will UCAS only let me apply for those ones
- Is there a way of telling which universities still have places available?

Thanks all.

Use UCAS course search and tick the box at the top on the left hand side to show courses still accepting applicants.

Get a shortlist of around 10 courses - then get on the phone tomorrow and call them up to ask if they're still open or if they are just slow to close courses on UCAS. Narrow your options down to remove any that are closed and then pick your favourites.

It isn't too late but the sooner you get your application in the better - which is why an hour on the phone getting answers straight from universities is the best option.
Original post by PQ

It isn't too late but the sooner you get your application in the better - which is why an hour on the phone getting answers straight from universities is the best option.

I wish people realised (not the OP) that sometimes making things happen means talking to people and putting thr ground work in instead of just sending an e-mail.
Original post by 999tigger
I wish people realised (not the OP) that sometimes making things happen means talking to people and putting thr ground work in instead of just sending an e-mail.

Most of the phone calls we get to admissions come from parents :yep:
Original post by PQ
Use UCAS course search and tick the box at the top on the left hand side to show courses still accepting applicants.

Get a shortlist of around 10 courses - then get on the phone tomorrow and call them up to ask if they're still open or if they are just slow to close courses on UCAS. Narrow your options down to remove any that are closed and then pick your favourites.

Thank you, you truly are a 'very important poster'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending