The Student Room Group

Applying to university

I’m in my last year of A levels. I want to apply to university next year at oxbridge basically and I only decided this too late so was too late for me to go through entrance exams etc. I just want to know if I can do this and won’t have anything held against me by applying for uni next year instead of this year?
Original post by Jacob24030
I’m in my last year of A levels. I want to apply to university next year at oxbridge basically and I only decided this too late so was too late for me to go through entrance exams etc. I just want to know if I can do this and won’t have anything held against me by applying for uni next year instead of this year?

Many people take a gap year before applying and it doesn’t hinder their chances at all! The only thing I would say is, if you are able, make sure that you get some work experience in your chosen subject, such as an internship. Most universities will believe that you have taken a year off to further study and build up your application, and this is a good impression to leave them with. If you are unable to find or do any work experience, make sure you are reading, attending lectures, and maybe creating a blog/online magazine with your essays on your subject. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending