The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances

Hi,

In March my Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and he has less than a fortnight left to live. This really sucks and has greatly impacted my life, meaning my customary focus is not necessarily always on preparing for my exams, which start in June.

I will be applying for special consideration with my exam boards and have been performing well recently, but there is the chance I may not meet my offer. I have firmed LSE with an AAA offer, and I'm so scared I won't meet it because I haven't been able to focus.

Should I get in contact with LSE and inform them of the situation? Will this provide any benefit if I don't meet my offer? Also, how should I go about contacting them? The Hospice my dad is staying in has offered to write a covering letter should I require it.

Also, has anybody had an experience similar to this and had any success?

I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me how I should deal with this, thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by antigone-
Hi,

In March my Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and he has less than a fortnight left to live. This really sucks and has greatly impacted my life, meaning my customary focus is not necessarily always on preparing for my exams, which start in June.

I will be applying for special consideration with my exam boards and have been performing well recently, but there is the chance I may not meet my offer. I have firmed LSE with an AAA offer, and I'm so scared I won't meet it because I haven't been able to focus.

Should I get in contact with LSE and inform them of the situation? Will this provide any benefit if I don't meet my offer? Also, how should I go about contacting them? The Hospice my dad is staying in has offered to write a covering letter should I require it.

Also, has anybody had an experience similar to this and had any success?

I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me how I should deal with this, thanks :smile:

I m really sorry about your dad, definitely get into contact with Lses admissions team and ask about their ecs policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending