The Student Room Group

A Levels EASIER than GCSEs???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I feel the same, I was predicted CCCC at the start of the year based on that ALPS rubbish, even though I got an A* for the subjects I do at AS, and for the whole year my predicted grades have been AAAA, it's much easier to do fewer subjects that you have an interest in rather than being forced to do 11 when you only enjoy 4-5.
Yes. I totally agree. I had no time in gcse.

I got like:
Maths - 9
English lit - 4
Engilsh lang - 5
Combined Science - 4-5
IT - M2
Business - M2
Computer Science - 6
and A-level Polish A in as level and A in A-level...
And you know what? I was revising for the gcses like 10 hours a day in year 11, and for a-level I have revised 1 hour a week (I had a seperate school)
And before the exam I revised like 2 weeks.

Then I went to sixth form doing maths, further maths with options further statistics and decision maths, computer science and criminology.
AND OMG.
one youtube video says "a-levels are hard. They are a big jump, you relise it in like january and dont do that mistake" so I said to myself to revise a lot.
I have founded very easy, only the core pure maths argand diagrams challenging but I will get there :biggrin:. In every subject I am in ahead. I am like 3 chapters ahead for every subject. But maybe it is just my memory because I have done like 2 chapters in one day for the decision maths in 4 hours. I have found them easy. No stress, calm. Everything is great. And I said that to my teachers:
"I feel gcse is easier than alevel" and then " and they have looked weird at me LOL.

or maybe I just over revise because I want to get A's. Not sure, but the a-levels are easy peasy. :biggrin:
Original post by Luiswright31
Is it just me that finds AS-Levels easier than GCSEs were.
Let me elaborate, at GCSEs, you are required to do 10+ different subjects, with no free periods, and the subjects you take for the most part are compulsory (Maths, english, sciences etc.) My life was a mess during GCSEs, i was so stressed trying to cope with 15+ exams, half of which i had no interest in. I came out with okay grades; 7Bs, 1A and 1C.

Now, at A-levels, I'm finding life so much easier, i can cope with homework, revision, etc. because i have more free periods and the subjects i take i have a genuine interest in. I'm expecting to get 3As and 1B in Business, Economics Maths and PE. I was predicted all Cs as my *aspirational targets (90th percentile ALPS ********)* based off what i got at GCSEs, however i am much better at AS-levels than i was at GCSE, i felt like GCSE exams were pointless and not a measure of intelligence/education at all.

Does anybody else share the same view as me or did everyone else prefer doing 10 GCSEs over doing 4 AS levels?

not going to lie. I prefer GCSE. I’m a lazy a kid, I didn’t revise for GCSE. I mean I would only revise on the last day. A level is much harder in my opinion. At the moment I’m struggling, I mean with our schools predictions, I should be getting A/A* for my subjects but at the moment with my test results I’m getting. It looks like B/A is more appropriate. I mean I received 10A* out of the 11 possible in GCSE (for my school) and I’m only getting half marks at AS! I guess I was never that smart.

Quick Reply

Latest