The Student Room Group

Changed my mind!! - Applying late?

So basically I received offers via UCAS from University of Greenwich and Bournemouth, 2 from Greenwich and one from Bournemouth. I have since accepted the 2 offers from Greenwich as a firm and insurance choice [the two courses have different entry requirements].

I have changed my mind and would like to go to Bournemouth, the course I applied and received an offer for was Business Information Technology.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether I would be able to apply again late for Bournemouth via clearing or if I can change it on UCAS?

I appreciate any help you lot can give me :biggrin:
Original post by HPortch
So basically I received offers via UCAS from University of Greenwich and Bournemouth, 2 from Greenwich and one from Bournemouth. I have since accepted the 2 offers from Greenwich as a firm and insurance choice [the two courses have different entry requirements].

I have changed my mind and would like to go to Bournemouth, the course I applied and received an offer for was Business Information Technology.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether I would be able to apply again late for Bournemouth via clearing or if I can change it on UCAS?

I sent a message to UCAS yesterday about a similar situation like this. I also want to change my firm to another course I got an offer for and they said I would have to ring up and speak to an advisor to see what my options are. It might be possible to change firm choices.

The number is: 0371 468 0468

Hope things work out for the best 😊
Original post by HPortch

You can ring greenwich and ask if they will release you from both courses (do this asap) and then you can go through UCAS extra (until the end of june) and apply for the course you want at bournemouth IF they have spaces on the course
Original post by HPortch

You need both Greenwich and Bournemouth to agree to this and to let UCAS know they agree for it to happen.

This isn't handled through extra/clearing or "releasing" you. Please ignore the post above advising you to ask Greenwich to release you.

Call Bournemouth and ask if they'll honour their offer still and agree to a switch.
If they say yes call UCAS and let them know you want Bournemouth to be your firm and that Bournemouth have agreed to this.
Then call Greenwich and explain the situation and that you'd like Bournemouth to be your firm and ask them to send approval to UCAS.

Once all 3 organisations agree then the switch will show up on Track.

You need to be clear whether you would still want your insurance to remain unchanged or whether you'd prefer no insurance (and to be entered straight into clearing if you miss the grades for Bournemouth and they reject you in August).
Original post by madmadmax321
You can ring greenwich and ask if they will release you from both courses (do this asap) and then you can go through UCAS extra (until the end of june) and apply for the course you want at bournemouth IF they have spaces on the course

This is not correct advice for swapping firm choices.

A release is only possible once an application is UF (ie an applicant has had their firm choice confirmed) and so isn't possible in the OPs situation....and even if the OP was UF it would still be possible to swap out firm choices with the agreement of both universities without waiting for clearing or risking the tight timescales for Extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending