The Student Room Group

Guys, what do you think about girls like this?

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think about girls who wear so much make-up that you can literally see their spots. There are some girls in my year who have literally a patch of acne in their cheeks but they still wear make-up even though you can still see it? There is some spotty girl in my RS class who wears lots of make-up and my Ethics teacher(who loves her and despises me completely) says to her all the time how beautiful she is but this literally cringes everyone in our class. I literally can not tell if she's attractive or not because she wears so much make-up. Well she must be, if she has a boyfriend waiting for her in Pakistan...

Sometimes I wonder to myself that people shouldn't only wear make-up and not take care of your skin as you might up looking like dead zombies like those girls.

What do you think about girls like this? Would you date them?

Scroll to see replies

I prefer the natural look
Yea, no I made the mistake too many times of hooking up with a girl covered in paint and then the next morning when it rubs off I'm like....

Spoiler

They lack character

Insecure

Have hygiene issues

So yeah it is best to avoid such women
It is proven that make up is bad for the skin
Reply 4
Not a guy but I prefer no make up. You sound rather bitchy though.
Reply 5
What? So much make up that you can see their spots? Do you think the spots wouldn't be there if she didn't wear make up or something? Spots can be hard to hide with make up and likely she's insecure about them so she does her best to cover them up. Why is it a bad thing for her to want to look good? I guarantee you if she didn't wear that make up people like you would be moaning about how she should cover them up (because trust me they probably look worse underneath).

Also, having spots does not = not taking care of your skin. Please educate yourself before you spout nonsense like this again.
Original post by keturah

How does he sound bitchy?
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Mason
How does he sound bitchy?

Original post by Defraction
sometimes I wonder to myself that people shouldn't only wear make-up and not take care of your skin as you might up looking like dead zombies like those girls.
Reply 8
Original post by ODES_PDES
I prefer the natural look

You are the opposite of the male population in my area that love girls who love to cover their visible spots.
Original post by Katarvi
What? So much make up that you can see their spots? Do you think the spots wouldn't be there if she didn't wear make up or something? Spots can be hard to hide with make up and likely she's insecure about them so she does her best to cover them up. Why is it a bad thing for her to want to look good? I guarantee you if she didn't wear that make up people like you would be moaning about how she should cover them up (because trust me they probably look worse underneath).

Also, having spots does not = not taking care of your skin. Please educate yourself before you spout nonsense like this again.

Looking good to whom is the question, as it is important to accept and not mask your imperfections.
It starts out with make up, and then surgery.
It is not healthy to coat your face with cosmetics, and it only makes things worse.
Also the lad is talking sense
Original post by keturah

Oh sorry if I sound bitchy, it's just I don't understand why those girls in my year still decide to wear make-up but aren't bothered about looking after their skin. I can understand if it is a tiny spot to cover but come on would you still wear make-up even though everyone can see your spots. I know it's because they are insecure and **** but they should at least try to cover their spots.

If you met those girls, you would understand the full definition of being bitchy.
Original post by Reue

Nut he does have a point
They lack character

Insecure

Have hygiene issues

So yeah it is best to avoid such women
It is proven that make up is bad for the skin

Hmm, I guess. But, I'm not sure they have hygiene issues..
Reply 13
Nut he does have a point

Having a point does not detract from the tone.
Hmm, I guess. But, I'm not sure they have hygiene issues..

Applying cosmetics can be messy, the face tends to get a layer of oils and dirt.
It is vital that the face be cleansed to reduce oil buildup.
Add oil build up and a layer of foundation, and you get my point
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think about girls who wear so much make-up that you can literally see their spots. There are some girls in my year who have literally a patch of acne in their cheeks but they still wear make-up even though you can still see it? There is some spotty girl in my RS class who wears lots of make-up and my Ethics teacher(who loves her and despises me completely) says to her all the time how beautiful she is but this literally cringes everyone in our class. I literally can not tell if she's attractive or not because she wears so much make-up. Well she must be, if she has a boyfriend waiting for her in Pakistan...

Sometimes I wonder to myself that people shouldn't only wear make-up and not take care of your skin as you might up looking like dead zombies like those girls.

What do you think about girls like this? Would you date them?

This is pathetic from OP. Just because she's spotty doesn't mean she's not beautiful so you shouldn't "cringe". I don't understand how the amount of make-up she wears is proportional to her beauty. If she wants to wear a lot then she has her reasons for it. Maybe her spots make her feel insecure. Not taking care of her skin? Are you serious? Acne/spots isn't a result of not taking care of your skin.

And answering your question. Yes I would. But I certainly wouldn't date you OP. In fact I'd go out of my way to avoid someone who thinks that having spots means you don't take care of your skin. You don't have any right to judge someone.

Rant over.
Maybe it makes them feel more secure, acne isn't a pleasant experience for many girls, so having the ability to cover their flaws probably gives them that extra boost of confidence to step out their front doors, without feeling judged or paranoid.

You are very wrong for judging someone and humiliating them for doing something that makes them feel better about themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Someboady
This is pathetic from OP. Just because she's spotty doesn't mean she's not beautiful so you shouldn't "cringe". I don't understand how the amount of make-up she wears is proportional to her beauty. If she wants to wear a lot then she has her reasons for it. Maybe her spots make her feel insecure. Not taking care of her skin? Are you serious? Acne/spots isn't a result of not taking care of your skin.

And answering your question. Yes I would. But I certainly wouldn't date you OP. In fact I'd go out of my way to avoid someone who thinks that having spots means you don't take care of your skin. You don't have any right to judge someone.

Rant over.

Get off your moral high horse, and let me point the flaws of your way of thinking.
You're saying that it is okay to mask imperfections, because a person looks good.
I say no because that person is choosing to ignore her imperfections by applying make up.
You wouldn't encourage her to get a boob job.
Original post by Katarvi

I am rather educated, thank you very much. Plus, I'm just stating facts about girls in my school as literally all of them who wear lots of make-up have so much visible spots. Of course, it might be different elsewhere but I'm just stating what I see in my sixth form. I'm not moaning babes, I'm just informing you about this evidential issue in my school.

Also, look at this from this way. Surely, if you wear excessive make-up and you do not take care of your skin wouldn't you have bad skin. Look at this mathematics equation:
Lots of make up + NEVER TAKE CARE SKIN= Bad skin
But if you actually took care of your skin, surely those spots wouldn't be evident in your skin. Another mathematics equation:
Lots of make up+ YOU ACTUALLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN= Flawless skin
Haven't you seen those Guru make up artists in YouTube who wear so much make-up but have flawless skin because they look after their skin. These YouTube Make up artists want to look good too and they still look great with make-up.

All I am saying is that they should take care of their skin. I understand people want to look good so they wear make-up. But the sheer fact here is that they wouldn't even have such bad skin if they looked after their skin. I never said once that make-up is bad, blah. All I'm stating is that you should still look after your skin even if you wear make-up. Like look at those girls like me who don't wear make-up, we still look after our skin because we want to look good. There is no point putting make-up to look good but you don't even look after your skin properly. Most people ignore that fact. They just assume that when I wear make-up I shouldn't look after my skin. Like one of my close friends plays around with make-up and she has such clear skin because she exfoliates and cleanses her skin.
I think they are minding their own business and probably not applying their make-up in an attempt to meet with your approval.

Latest