The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Rejected Me.

I got rejected for a job by Mcdonalds and I didnt even get to the interview stage just filled out the application.
What could I have done wrong?
You're not guaranteed a job just because its McDonald's.

Would've been something in your resume. Or maybe they just had an overflow of applicants.
Presumably your answers were poor to any questions on the form?
Reply 3
Oh yeah one more thing has anyone got a suggestion of where else I could apply bearing in mind im sixteen?
Original post by sam.jenko
Oh yeah one more thing has anyone got a suggestion of where else I could apply bearing in mind im sixteen?

BK?
Reply 5
Original post by Job738338
BK?

could be worth a try I suppose
Mcdonalds rejected me after interview looool
Got the kfc job tho. just keep trying.
Reply 7
Aha yeah I dont even know why I made this thread considering I only put one word in the personal qualities box and I said I could only work sundays..
Reply 8
sure you did mate
I just laughed when I saw the thread title.
Aha yeah I dont even know why I made this thread considering I only put one word in the personal qualities box and I said I could only work sundays..

What was the word?
Reply 11
I got rejected for a job by Mcdonalds and I didnt even get to the interview stage just filled out the application.

Dont worry I got rejected too but they said because I would be available on Fri, Sat and Sun is not enough for part time job. They want me to work on Tue but I cant because I go to boarding sixth form from Mon to Fri and come home every weekend. I did get interview and it went well and they said they will think I struggle with time.
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't worry. You got a lucky escape. It's a **** job
Apply for Aldi, Lidl you take your cv into their shop.
Aldi acept cv's in their shop, i don't know about Lidl
Apply for all the cinema jobs online and ask in the cinema itself
Apply for catering jobs too
www.studentjobs.co.uk
Cick on that link, apply for jobs on there

When i regularly applied for Mcdonalds online i always got rejected every year but when i joined an agency my local council were running they got me a job in Mcdonalds because i didn't have to do it online but i didn't stay long. I hated it
I always applied online every year for as many different cinema companies but they always rejected me online and said i had no experience but i did voluntary work in a theatre for 3 years which was exactly the same duties as in a cinema. So i think it's just the computer that rejects some peoples online applications because the cinema have a job description that says you don't need any experience.
A cinema job is better than mcdonalds i reckon and you get to see films for free.
Burger King always looking for people.
When your 18 look for better paid jobs as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Apply for those on online agencies like Reed, CV Library, Indeed, Monster
See if your local council have their own employment agency and the council employ young people too. Ask about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending