The Student Room Group

Long distance relationships?

I'm going to uni in September but my boyfriend isn't, and i was just wondering what the best way to keep the relationship going?
Regular contact, visits and a solid foundation of trust. Perhaps try to arrange a weekly distance activity e.g. playing a game together, having a video call, watching a film simultaneously and discussing it. Stuff that will make you feel like you're together.

To be honest though, the odds aren't in your favour. Best of luck.
Keep communication strong and always try to keep time for each other, it'll be difficult but it's a great challenge in a relationship as there won't be as much physical interaction and distance can hurt a relationship.

Good luck and keep us posted if you need anything OP!
Original post by nothingspecial98
I'm going to uni in September but my boyfriend isn't, and i was just wondering what the best way to keep the relationship going?

You don't, you're a cretin
Anyone who says long distance relationships don't work are either bitter because there's didn't or they've never even tried.

LDR's can and will work with time, effort and communication. In fact, I've found LDR's can be even better relationships because more time is spent getting to know the person and there isn't a rush into the physical side of things (though that doesn't apply in your case as you already have a relationship with this person).

Ignore the user directly above me. If anything he's the cretin. Follow @Elivercury's advice but don't be disheartened, it will be difficult at first but manageable with time.

Give yourself and the relationship a chance. If you don't you'll never know, but I have no doubt in my mind that these relationships can work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending