The Student Room Group

Newquay next week, advice for a good time?

Me and 3 mates are going to newquay on the 7th July and i just wondering if many people around my age (16-17) are going. we also need to know where to go to get served and where to go to have a good night. Cheers
Original post by JamesTheStudent
Me and 3 mates are going to newquay on the 7th July and i just wondering if many people around my age (16-17) are going. we also need to know where to go to get served and where to go to have a good night. Cheers

Hi James,

Went to Newquay last Week 26-29th June with 5 mates all 16 year olds for the typical after exams stuff.

As your question about getting served probably unlikely if you look old enough or and have Fake id just try a corner shop but we brought everything with us.

Depending on where your staying all owners of hostels ect have been told by the police to consificate alcohol and drink but if you go to the right hostels they don't care they just say don't come back paraletic or walk around with drink openly and there turn a blind eye atleast where we stayed this happened.

Having fun during the day well if the weathers nice or you brace the cold have some fun on the beach Football,Volley ball or go for a swim.

There's also plenty of Surf schools and other paid for activitys.

For fun on the night time we went earlier than the usual time when loads of teens go but there was still some groups so just mix with others groups 😉 And your have fun.

I know that during the 1-7 july there's like 20 people from my school girls and boys and many more as the hostel owner showed us how booked it was so I expect the same for the following week.

Warning

Act normal around police have a bag with drink and don't be paraletic and sink as then the police cars otherwise they just drive past.

Second of all if you do pack your bags with drink if the police do decide to do searches at the trainstation you are screwed as the police station is opposite and there's 1 platform and they can easily put turnstiles up to check people.

We were lucky and there were no searches not sure during peak time your be so lucky.

Any way have fun and message me if you need any info.

Quick Reply

Latest