Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer job advise- how hard would it be for me to get a part time job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, so I've finished college this year and looking for Summer work, I've had two previous long term jobs in retail and was also a part of the young enterprise, as well as doing a fair amount of extra curricular activities. I would kind of like a job my the end of this month. The thing is, I've been looking for around two weeks and I have a job interview tomorrow, but I've found out that its in the stock room (at river island) and I really don't want to work in the stock room, I've applied to more jobs, and will keep applying. My question is should I take the risk and not take this job (assuming I get offered) or do you think It's worth waiting and that I'd be more than likely to get a job I'd rather do?

Also, I know this is probably the wrong forum except I have no idea how to put this in the career section
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by someone24)
    Hi there, so I've finished college this year and looking for Summer work, I've had two previous long term jobs in retail and was also a part of the young enterprise, as well as doing a fair amount of extra curricular activities. I would kind of like a job my the end of this month. The thing is, I've been looking for around two weeks and I have a job interview tomorrow, but I've found out that its in the stock room (at river island) and I really don't want to work in the stock room, I've applied to more jobs, and will keep applying. My question is should I take the risk and not take this job (assuming I get offered) or do you think It's worth waiting and that I'd be more than likely to get a job I'd rather do?

Also, I know this is probably the wrong forum except I have no idea how to put this in the career section
    You'll probably get more help with this in the part time/temp jobs forum (linked here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148).

Just start a new discussion in that forum and copy and paste this message into there.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROC10)
    You'll probably get more help with this in the part time/temp jobs forum (linked here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148).

Just start a new discussion in that forum and copy and paste this message into there.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you I was wondering how to movie it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by someone24)
    Thank you I was wondering how to movie it
    No problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.