The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Haha! Nah you never sounded rude just worried you thought I did- I never meant to be if I did either!

Aw' I feel you- remember the waiting game! Just waiting to hear if you have a Bristol offer is it? Have you heard from anywhere else?

:smile:

Rejected from Imperial (grad entry), interviewed at Leeds (no offer yet!) and still waiting on Bristol & UCL. Thank you for asking! I just want one offer - medicine has always been the dream! I can't tell you how many times I refresh my e-mails everyday!

How are you feeling about your final A2 exams? This whole change of syllabus/exam format seems so difficult! :O
Original post by Azalea.
:smile:

Rejected from Imperial (grad entry), interviewed at Leeds (no offer yet!) and still waiting on Bristol & UCL. Thank you for asking! I just want one offer - medicine has always been the dream! I can't tell you how many times I refresh my e-mails everyday!

How are you feeling about your final A2 exams? This whole change of syllabus/exam format seems so difficult! :O

Sorry to hear you got rejected from Imperial! I'm sure with 3 interviews- you must have had something on your application they want to hear more about, they obviously have interviewed you because they want to hear more so they're already interested. Fingers crossed for you!

Yeah it has also been my dream as it is for nearly everyone else who applies. Yes yes I do remember refreshing every single day at 10:30- 12:30- 16:00- 19:00 and 22:30. Lol those were my times!!

Yes omg it is waaay harder nowadays but sorta the way it is- just gotta work with what we've got now because there's nothing I can do is there.. My offer is A*A*A so essentially I'm revising 8hrs a day everyday at the moment until June😂 What is your undergrad degree in if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Mariee1234
I got an interview today and you can choose which of the dates in March suits you best. So, for me, I found out a month in advance.

Wow congratalations :biggrin: That gives you plenty of time to prepare at least :smile: Good luck with the interview. I'm still waiting nervously to hear from them about interviews. I messaged in January and they said they could still be giving out interviews early March. There is at least one weeks notice. I'm really nervous because Bristol is my top choice and Im desperate to hear from them and time is running out...but eh its an annoying waiting game XD Do you know how many interview slots are left? And Where else did you apply? Well done again :smile:
Sorry to hear you got rejected from Imperial! I'm sure with 3 interviews- you must have had something on your application they want to hear more about, they obviously have interviewed you because they want to hear more so they're already interested. Fingers crossed for you!

Yeah it has also been my dream as it is for nearly everyone else who applies. Yes yes I do remember refreshing every single day at 10:30- 12:30- 16:00- 19:00 and 22:30. Lol those were my times!!

Yes omg it is waaay harder nowadays but sorta the way it is- just gotta work with what we've got now because there's nothing I can do is there.. My offer is A*A*A so essentially I'm revising 8hrs a day everyday at the moment until June😂 What is your undergrad degree in if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for your kind words, just really hoping for an offer! :smile:

Oh dear! My sister is doing her A2s as well, and these new chemistry/biology practicals look super hard! What subjects are you studying? And good luck - don't overwork too much now, or you'll burn out for summer exams!

Did biochemistry at university!
Lol cute you're getting mad.😂 I'm just interested to know, I'm not cross at all, I already hold offers from higher ranking medical schools. I genuinely would just like to know where my PS went wrong for Bristol because I worked hard on it to try and make it fit their criteria. I assume it's PS that was my fall because its 70% of the admissions process. Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what I missed. There is no, "getting over it" to be done I can assure you it's not out of bitterness. I'm sort of glad I don't have to do am MMI tbh, they sound soo difficult! I'll assume you've got an offer from Bristol?

shots fireeeeedddd well said and congrats on your offers :biggrin:
does anyone know if bristol finished giving out pre-interview rejections or are there more to come this week
Original post by sarab456
does anyone know if bristol finished giving out pre-interview rejections or are there more to come this week

They give out pre interview rejections right up until the UCAS deadline in May I think
Hey, is there a Facebook page or anything for offer holders or anything? I got my place last year but deferred my entry to 2017.
Original post by TJB12345
Hey, is there a Facebook page or anything for offer holders or anything? I got my place last year but deferred my entry to 2017.

Was gonna ask the same thing lol
Is anyone aware on a University of Bristol Medicine Offer Holders Page on Facebook?
I don't think there is. So....who wants to create one? 😉
(edited 7 years ago)
We're rapidly approaching 3 weeks before the final interview date, hopefully some interviews go out soon!
Original post by TJB12345

Hi - did you defer your offer after gaining a place? I've applied and since realised I really want to take a gap year - I've got an interview in March and Bristol would definitely by my fave choice but they say on their website they don't accept deferrals if you didn't originally apply for deferral :frown: Just wondering how you managed it?
Thanks!
Original post by kieranfb
We're rapidly approaching 3 weeks before the final interview date, hopefully some interviews go out soon!

if you get Bristol as well, which one would you choose ? Bristol or Southampton?
You may desire near testimony study previous to you post next time
Original post by medictsr
if you get Bristol as well, which one would you choose ? Bristol or Southampton?

Quite possibly Bristol but I'm not sure.
Admissions just said to me we would hear either way (I.e interview or unsuccessful) 10 days prior to the last interview date which is March 16th so we should all hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Textbookloser123
Admissions just said to me we would hear either way (I.e interview or unsuccessful) 10 days prior to the last interview date which is March 16th so we should all hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you that is really helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rach118
Hi - did you defer your offer after gaining a place? I've applied and since realised I really want to take a gap year - I've got an interview in March and Bristol would definitely by my fave choice but they say on their website they don't accept deferrals if you didn't originally apply for deferral :frown: Just wondering how you managed it?
Thanks!

I applied for deferred entry, but the way I understand it is that if they give you an offer then they definitely want you (in terms of applicants:redface:ffers ratio it's been the most competitive med school for the last several years). So I wouldn't be surprised if they let you defer. They just don't want loads of people to suddenly defer their offers so I guess that's why they say they don't accept any late deferrals. That being said I have no inside info from Bristol and I'm talking about med schools in general. Why not try and email someone? If you want to take a gap year, do it. I'm a few months into travelling and I'm not regretting it at all. Go and travel or become fluent in another language now before you're limited to 6 week holidays as a doctor!
Original post by rach118
Thanks!

For Medicine at Bristol you cannot defer after application.

If you want to take a Gap Year you have to have originally applied for 2018 entry.

You cannot make that change now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending