The Student Room Group

Changing uni after first year

Hello all,

I did computer science for my first year and qmul and hated it and wanted to change course, however i stuck it through and did my exams however i failed pretty bad. I had been preparing for this and few weeks ago i made the choice to change course or both uni and course. Ive spoken to my parents they agreed i can change as long as the degree starts this september. Ive contacted my current and others to apply to marketing course. I have D*D*D in IT btec which exceeds the entry requirements. I just want to know if i can apply through clearing or is that only for students doing A levels and if there is anyway i can start uni in september. All the courses i have seen have spaces as i checked the ucas and website clearing list. Thanks
Anybody who has confirmed results can use clearing, you'll need to get a ucas application set up and most likely have to use your current university tutor as a reference and also declare the year at university that you have failed.

Original post by Boontai
Hello all,

I did computer science for my first year and qmul and hated it and wanted to change course, however i stuck it through and did my exams however i failed pretty bad. I had been preparing for this and few weeks ago i made the choice to change course or both uni and course. Ive spoken to my parents they agreed i can change as long as the degree starts this september. Ive contacted my current and others to apply to marketing course. I have D*D*D in IT btec which exceeds the entry requirements. I just want to know if i can apply through clearing or is that only for students doing A levels and if there is anyway i can start uni in september. All the courses i have seen have spaces as i checked the ucas and website clearing list. Thanks
Reply 2
Would i have to wait until the 18th of August to add clearing choices or could i add them as soon as i get an offer from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending