The Student Room Group

Studying Mechanical Engineering in Italian Alps.

Hi everyone

I have been considering this for a while now, but I just like to know anyone's opinions on this, either the engineering course itself or studying abroad generally.

The degree is at a small uni in Bolzano, which is in south tyrol, where german and italian is spoken. One of the main characteristics of the uni is its international orientation: the degree is taught english, german and italian; I did german a level, and you only have to know 2 of the languages to do the degree (you learn the other during the 3 years)

I like the idea because it is a beautiful region with loads of lakes and mountains so you can ski at the weekends etc. Also it has the highest quality of life in italy and it's cheap - just €290 a month for accomodation. There is also the possibility of grants up to €5800 a year, + refunds on tuition fees (just ~ €1300 per year)

I'm not sure what I want to do as a career, but i did maths, physics and chemistry as my other a-levels so mechanical engineering seems a good option as something with good job prospects.

If anyone has any experience of studying abroad I'd love to know, or just what to look for in a mech. engineering degree. I think the city is home to one of europe's biggest research centres, and I think there are collaborations.

If anyone can be bothered to read the study manifesto, I have linked it (https://next.unibz.it/assets/Documents/Study-Manifestos/Manifest-2016-Bachelor-Industrial-mechanical-engineering-L-9-en.pdf) - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thany you!!!!!
Reply 1
bump
Do it!

Quick Reply

Latest