The Student Room Group

What to apply for in UNi??? Can I improve my grades from AS to A Level?

For my AS Results I recieved DDD. The subjects I did were Maths, Bio and Chem.
My sciences are linear so the grade I got this year doesn't count. Considering I did day before revision and I know I could achieve higher considering my GCSES(got 2A* and 6as). So I'm wondering if anyone else was in a situation like me previously or currently? and how I can get higher in Maths. Should I retake AS units for maths? . Finally since my AS grades where the bare minimum I have no idea what i can apply for and no idea currently about my predicted grades(bound to be average). Say I get higher than my predicted grades on results day next year and I dont want to go to the UNI and course I applied through UCAS what would i DO?
Reply 1
Original post by umzinho
For my AS Results I recieved DDD. The subjects I did were Maths, Bio and Chem.
My sciences are linear so the grade I got this year doesn't count. Considering I did day before revision and I know I could achieve higher considering my GCSES(got 2A* and 6as). So I'm wondering if anyone else was in a situation like me previously or currently? and how I can get higher in Maths. Should I retake AS units for maths? . Finally since my AS grades where the bare minimum I have no idea what i can apply for and no idea currently about my predicted grades(bound to be average). Say I get higher than my predicted grades on results day next year and I dont want to go to the UNI and course I applied through UCAS what would i DO?

Last year in my AS exams I recieved DDE. I repeated my lowest grade exams and this year I achieved a BBD (D was in Applied science and out teachers taught us the wrong spec :/) Just work hard and make your notes from the beginning (i found this especially useful) also plenty of past papers!
In AS I got CCU and this year I got ABB and a B in an extra AS so yeah can definitely improve them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest