The Student Room Group

Travelodge

So got an interview with Travelodge as a receptionist at a new hotel they're opening.

Anyone any experience on the interviews? Also does anyone know what the pay is like?

Reply 1
Did you get the job?
I've got an interview tomorrow..its min wage isnt it?
Reply 2
Blimey I was just about to say no!! Dont do it!!! But as its receptionist, thats prob not so bad. Travelodge are rip off merchants. Min wage helpline wanted me to report them (I wouldn't give the companies name when I made some inquiries with them) because I needed a good reference! But that company does really need reporting.
I worked there for a month as a room attendant. They expect you to do 3 rooms in an hour. Then they pay you an hours wage. So 9 rooms for instance will take you 3 hours they say. And if they take you longer than 3 hours, tough, you still only get paid for 3 hours! Now i'm no slow coach, and worked for Premier inn doing the same job in the past. They pay per hour, none of this piece work. 20 minutes a room cant be done when you are given 13/14/15 + rooms (because no one stays long cuz of the money, so that equals more rooms for you to do!) Ok the first 3 or 4 rooms can be done in 20 minutes each, IF they have loaded the trolleys up right, which they dont! And you dont have to share cleaning stuff, which you do! but even if you start off at 20 minutes a room, you try keeping that momentum up after 9 or 10 king size bed changes! Impossible. Hense the reason they dont keep staff. A polish woman walked after 3 days when I was there, and those guys graft for pennies usually! I was averaging about 4 pounds an hour. First week I worked 25 hours & got paid for 16! And they dont pay for training, which was 3 hours. Minimum wage said it doesn't sound like its a place with an achievable minimum wage, and thats breaking the law. I should of reported them after I left really, but I liked the manager, and her job was hard enough bless her.
I felt for the manager, it was the rules up top, her hands were tied. But I couldn't get out of there quick enough!
I hope no one on here goes there for a weekend job, they will wanna cry when they get their first pay.
x
Reply 3
I work at travel lodge as a house keeper and get £7.20 an hour. Also, at my hotel, as long as all of your depatures are done by 3 before check in, it really doesnt matter how long you take. 20 minutes is just a guideline.
Hiya.do you know how the pay is done..e.g. Every 4 weeks etc ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending