The Student Room Group

Where should I hookup?

I've been talking to this person on a dating app. We want a casual short fling (practically a one-night stand) and we've been talking for a few days. We are talking about meeting up, but I'm quite scared to bring someone I don't know into my house or go to a strangers house either, in case something goes wrong. Hotel seems to be the only option but I don't know if Travelodge or Premier Inn allow you to book in for a few hours and leave, and I still don't know if a hotel is necessarily safe as well.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been talking to this person on a dating app. We want a casual short fling (practically a one-night stand) and we've been talking for a few days. We are talking about meeting up, but I'm quite scared to bring someone I don't know into my house or go to a strangers house either, in case something goes wrong. Hotel seems to be the only option but I don't know if Travelodge or Premier Inn allow you to book in for a few hours and leave, and I still don't know if a hotel is necessarily safe as well.

Hotel is your best option unless you find a quiet park or woods
Original post by Anonymous
I've been talking to this person on a dating app. We want a casual short fling (practically a one-night stand) and we've been talking for a few days. We are talking about meeting up, but I'm quite scared to bring someone I don't know into my house or go to a strangers house either, in case something goes wrong.

That's sensible and understandable, i guess.

Hotel seems to be the only option but I don't know if Travelodge or Premier Inn allow you to book in for a few hours and leave, and I still don't know if a hotel is necessarily safe as well.

You'll probably have to make an overnight booking, as no hotel is going to rent a room by the hour. However, there's nothing stopping you from checking in/ out for only the times you want / need the room for (personally, I'd rinse the free WIFI and complementary breakfast :wink: ).

People check in at all sorts of weird and wonderful times, due to travelling restrictions, so the hotel staff wouldn't question it if you left only after a couple of hours (they've seen it all before, and they certainly won't judge you).

As for Safety, IMHO that's the one place where a decent hotel will come up trumps. Think about it, if something adverse did happen, then both of you will be captured multiple times on CCTV (with a time-stamp), which can readily be available, if need be. Big firms like the two you mentioned, will definitely have CCTV; probably along with no shortage of witnesses and other security measures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending