TobyDeals: Fraudulent scam, or genuine shop?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone used Toby Deals before? (link: https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/ )

My Dad ordered a Samsung Galaxy S7 from them (so a considerable investment!), and they've been poor on the communications side of things. Took ages to reply and process the order, etc.

Also, even though the website states that the order will be shipped within 72 hours, it is still processing (he ordered on Monday, expected it to be here by now).

Just wondered if anyone else has heard of the site, or if they've had any experience with ordering themselves.

ReputationRep:
    There are some reports online of it potentially being dodgy.

Can always chargeback the payment if it becomes woefully clear that they won't refund or ship out the product, but that's a last straw if they don't communicate etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    There are some reports online of it potentially being dodgy.

Can always chargeback the payment if it becomes woefully clear that they won't refund or ship out the product, but that's a last straw if they don't communicate etc.
    Yeah, I've researched it recently and found quite dire reports, quite similar to the problems I've experienced. Luckily, it was ordered by credit card, so should be protected. The other concern of course is that it may eventually arrive, but ends up being a fake phone!

ReputationRep:
    I bought an Apple IPAD Air 2 128 from them. Never received the confirmation email with shipping details. I sent them a message via their website and received a reply within a day stating the order had been dispatched. I still had no tracking number. I managed to log into their site via my account using the email address and password I'd used during the order. It stated the tracker details but not really much help. I was 100% doubtful of my action to purchase from them but within around 5 more days, the IPAD arrived, exactly as expected, genuine, sealed, well packed! They ship from Hong Kong to an office in the UK and they deal with all the import duty etc so the price you paid is the total. I'm not sure I'd buy anything else from them as the experience was un-nerving but it was a happy ending. In conclusion, they provide no tracking info for ages, no communication but the goods do seem to arrive. Hope this helps others.

ReputationRep:
    Stay well clear of Toby Deals, a dishonest company that will at any opportunity try to steal your money

I purchased and paid for a phone on their website for £95.99, after about 5 days I requested a tracking number, they said it takes 3-4 days to which I responded that it had already been 5 days
    A few days later and after several more emails, I was told that the item I bought arrived with them damaged (yeah, I've heard that one before) they did not know when their supplier might have more and asked if I would like to cancel my order and have a refund
    I told them I was sorry to hear that but yes please refund and cancel so I can buy an alternative from their site
    Several day later, no refund, needless to say that after numerous emails over numerous days there was no refund, so I told them I will be raising a dispute to which they basically responded by saying that they don't do Paypal so I cannot dispute it, they denied having taken payment and said I would have to speak to my bank (thinking I could do nothing)
    Fortunately for me I had used my Paypal debit card to make the payment, so a quick call to Paypal card support along with forwarding the emails from Toby Deals resulted in the money being taken back from them and put back into my account
    Well done Paypal and Booooo to Toby Deals (UK)

Stay well clear, even if you ever did get what you paid for you'd never get any kind of support or service from them, a very bad company to deal with

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 10, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.