The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Finished, they think it is an A* level EPQ but I will find out what it really is after moderation on results day :yep:

Did you say they will. I personally don't think so. The Universe is massive. There might even be a multi-verse are we really going to be able to know:colondollar:
Original post by OGGUS
Did you say they will. I personally don't think so. The Universe is massive. There might even be a multi-verse are we really going to be able to know:colondollar:

I said it's quite possible that we could but over time, with greater understanding and better technology :smile:
Reply 982
I said it's quite possible that we could but over time, with greater understanding and better technology :smile:

Yeah maybe. Did you mention any of The Flash or anything?
Or any major physics rules?
I know it's chemistry based
Original post by OGGUS
Yeah maybe. Did you mention any of The Flash or anything?
Or any major physics rules?
I know it's chemistry based

The Flash?
I was very tempted to go all philosophical with : will we ever understand, is it beyond human comprehension, will we lose the required amount of intellect over time to answer our questions unto the limiting factor to the number of nucleons/protons in a nucleus? Etc etc
Didn't go there in the end

Lots of physics :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 984
The Flash?
I was very tempted to go all philosophical with : will we ever understand, is it beyond human comprehension, will we lose the rightamoright amount of intellect over time to answer our questions unto the limiting factor to the number of nucleons/protons in a nucleus? Etc etc
Didn't go there in the end

Lots of physics :yep:

That seems nice:colondollar:
The Flash the show, have you not seen it?
Original post by OGGUS
That seems nice:colondollar:
The Flash the show, have you not seen it?

:no: :hide: :colondollar:
Reply 986
:no: :hide: :colondollar:

Oh I think you should?
It's great if you like physics:wink:
First Week Back after the Easter Holidays Post Thing
I am not dead.
Yet.
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy or boo hiss for some people :lol:

Overall: pretty crap week lol
I was so stressed, I was not able to sleep most nights and had so much homework, I know some of it is revision, but doing loads of past paper questions doesn't do a lot for me when I haven't been revising all the content I need to answer them well :frown:

I don't want to make this any more depressing so I will just head to the subject breakdowns and not the mental ones lol

Maths - Really enjoyed maths this week, just chilling out with revision. Our official D1 mock is on Wednesday and I'm feeling good about it. I am doing past papers and learning terms and algorithms on Quizlet.
Liked the "integration marathon", what I have successfully managed to do is solve my previous issue with this topic and am now really confident with it which is quite incredible. I didn't think I could do it but yeah lol
Also it was my Math's buddy's birthday on Friday so shoutout to her, hope you had a fab 18th! :party2:
To do: Summer 2010 papers in D1, C3 and C4
D1 revision, C1 revision and C1 summer 2011 paper
D1 mock - 3rd May, C3 - 10th May, C4 - 17th May, 18th May :rip:

Chemistry - SUCH GOOD LESSONS, we revised organic and it went really well! The stuff I'd revised over Easter was positively reinforced into my head, we'll find out if I can regurgitate this in Tuesday's mock exam :s-smilie: (not looking forward to this).
TOO MUCH HOMEWORK THOUGH PLEASE HAVE MERCY THANKS
Think my Teacher has become possessed by Satan over Easter because she's deluded if she thinks we have that much time.
Areas of concern: nitriles and amines and amides and naming them. Got 2 days to sort this :I I seem to be very good at guessing them correctly or taking ages to figure them out so I will go over these to speed up the process.
Plan is to go from where I left off from Easter and finish my organic revision cards, go over analysis a little and then redo some of the specimen past papers and questions and watch revision videos from the topics I still have issues with.
I also plan to do lots on synthetic routes because I am awful at recalling them. Every night I have done some since Thursday.
LEARN STUFF WE DIDN'T DO ON DRYING AGENTS = mental note
To do: Revise, past paper questions and all that other homework she freeking set for goodness sake
Mocks:Organic and analysis 2rd May, Physical 9th May, Unified 16th May

Physics - I hate everythingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg in physicsssssssssssssss so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why did I do it arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My Teacher is great but he IS SATAN. He is worse than my Chemistry Teacher in setting us work. We have 7 hours of past paper questions to do a week plus 2 past papers :frown:, he checks every Tuesday
Every Tuesday we do a paper in timed conditions in class.
Last week's one was pretty bad... I answered each question (only just) with great difficulty.
Topics that were bad were: Thermal physics and magnetic fields. The others were just particularly hard questions where I was like wuttttt
I managed to just scrape 71% on it. Ngl my Dad was pretty annoyed at me for that but poo him
To do: millions of past paper questions and somehow squeeze in actual legitimate revision
Mocks: Same as Maths but for physics a.k.a y u do zis pls

Will be doing an exam technique post after this for anyone who is interested and @defenestrated :cube:

Other Almost Slightly Interesting Stuff:
-Orchestra starts back next week. I think I'll go to this rehearsal, although they said in the email that we should come to each one with exams - I don't think I will because 1- it is effort, 2 - it takes about 4-5 hours out of the day (not including crappy trains) and 3 - effortttttttttttt
-I have ordered my college hoodie (Navy colour :mmm:)
Summer plan that is exciting so far:
Planned excursions: Sleepovers, 2 holidays (1 with friends, 1 with family), I also really want to visit the National Space Centre just because it looks cool lol, meeting people , tennis (lots of tennis), swimming, cinema (if good films will be on), IKEA (because I might need stuff from there for uni and IKEA is bae <3)

Planned erm 'keep myself busy' things: french and german on memrise, chemistry reading, online chemistry course, possibly teach myself some of the "turning points in physics" optional chapter from physics A-level (dk if I can be bothered tho, we will see), actually read l'Etranger

Nah I can't think of anything else. I am aware I need to finish writing some stories for the talent thing but I doubt I will find time with these mocks and I doubt I will be doing many more of these blog posts so this is probably the final one really.
Gotta sacrifice some things for revision I guess, like a social life lol.

I will write that other post after lunch a bit later, the exam techniques I will mention are particularly relevant for physics but some can be applied to any subject :smile:

ALSO XOR IS PLANNING TO LEAVE TSR
JOIN ME IN STOPPING HIM, THANKS
IF YOU WON'T DO THAT THEN erm well :ashamed2:
CAN YOU AT LEAST JOIN TONIGHT's PINTA GAME? :puppyeyes: IT IS FOR ~21:30, PLS BE THERE THANKS :grouphugs:

I am going to give you a few memes because I like them so :

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
omg I forgot to say that I still need to firm stuff and finish off sfe
I'll talk about that after lunch as well
ugh y I forget the important things :facepalm:

:jumphug:Sorry about your struggles with work, cheese; I know it'll all pay off on results day.:wink:
Keep going and everything will fall into place, not having a vibrant social life for a couple more weeks will be well worth it when you're in university!

Spoiler

Great update Cheese! :hugs:

It sucks that you have so much revision and homework to do, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. :h:

Hopefully next week is better than this one, best of luck. :jumphug:
Original post by LifeIsFine
:jumphug:Sorry about your struggles with work, cheese; I know it'll all pay off on results day.:wink:
Keep going and everything will fall into place, not having a vibrant social life for a couple more weeks will be well worth it when you're in university!

Spoiler

:redface: thanks
I am just not sure anymore
Yeah I know, just hope my friends don't get too offended when I say I don't want to meet up
Thanks LIF :redface: means a lot :colondollar:
I think I will be ok today, dunno about tomorrow or Monday though :/

Original post by W. A. Mozart
Great update Cheese! :hugs:

It sucks that you have so much revision and homework to do, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. :h:

Hopefully next week is better than this one, best of luck. :jumphug:

Thanks Mr Mozart :cube:
Miss talking to you :hugs: and I did catch up with your blog yesterday, I'm always here for you :penguinhug:

Yes but if I do get it done, it'll be very beneficial
Thank you so much :cry2: same applies to you, I hope with all my heart that things get better for you :jumphug:
:redface: thanks
I am just not sure anymore
Yeah I know, just hope my friends don't get too offended when I say I don't want to meet up
Thanks LIF :redface: means a lot :colondollar:
I think I will be ok today, dunno about tomorrow or Monday though :/

Have an optimistic attitude Cheese, I'm sure it'll pay off.
If you're ever lacking motivation to study or feel as if you're being pressured there's a really good youtuber called IbzMo, I'd recommend you watch him:biggrin:.
You'll be fine, and if you aren't, know that it'll always get better and that I'm here for you:h:
Original post by LifeIsFine
Have an optimistic attitude Cheese, I'm sure it'll pay off.
If you're ever lacking motivation to study or feel as if you're being pressured there's a really good youtuber called IbzMo, I'd recommend you watch him:biggrin:.
You'll be fine, and if you aren't, know that it'll always get better and that I'm here for you:h:

I need to refind it, because it's not here anymore :cry:
He's too cringe- I don't think I can :lol:

aw tysm :cry2: :jumphug:
I feel really fat after that beans on toast lol :colondollar:
Reply 994

i'm sure you're not fat. You can't be fat with all that revision.
Original post by OGGUS
i'm sure you're not fat. You can't be fat with all that revision.

pls stop lol

Perhaps you should search a little harder:wink:
Yeah the cringe is quite bad, but once you get past it it's really great!

Aw I havent had beans on toast in sooo long..
It tasted so good:cry2:
Reply 999
Futurism is v good :yy:

ikr. Makes me wanna do more physics:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending