The Student Room Group

Should I ask this girl out?

I am quite shy and socially awkward and I'm in my second year of uni and have recently joined a society. In the society I met this girl that I like. We have only spoken a few times and only had 2 long conversations but shes really nice and we seem to get on but she seems to get on with everyone. I have added her on facebook but haven't spoken to her on it. Anyway the society is having a social tonight and I was thinking of asking her if she wants to go for a drink or a meal sometime but I'm not sure. Do you think I should ask her out or do you think I should get to know her better first?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I should add that I've never actually asked anyone out before and have never been in a relationship.
Reply 2
Deffo ask her out sonny!
Ask her out. The worst that can happen is being rejected.
It would be so much better to go on a date-by-inevitability. At this social, you keep the booze flowing, then lead straight into a drink/food somewhere else. So - snakebite-talk-talk-snakebite-talk-talk-wine-talk-wine. "Come on, it's cold. I'm getting Uber - let's go to [place] and get something to eat" "nah, forget them - just us"
Reply 5
Original post by Trinculo
It would be so much better to go on a date-by-inevitability. At this social, you keep the booze flowing, then lead straight into a drink/food somewhere else. So - snakebite-talk-talk-snakebite-talk-talk-wine-talk-wine. "Come on, it's cold. I'm getting Uber - let's go to [place] and get something to eat" "nah, forget them - just us"

It's not really a drinking social though so that would be more difficult
Original post by Anonymous
It's not really a drinking social though so that would be more difficult

oh. what kind of social is it?
Yep definitely, better to at least try then always live in the dark (Just say "I want to get to know you better" or something). Can't wait too long on these things as you may well have competition. If she's interested you'll know by her accepting or agreeing to another time if she's busy. Good luck! :smile:
yes - of course

if you like a girl and there's a chance she might like you back - always ask her out
in fact, always assume she likes you too - if you like her via the chemistry, then she probably would unless you're ugly
because she's not going to ask *you* out - she's the woman and you're the man
and if she says no - what are the consequences? you stop talking to her? who cares? why would you want to just be friends with a girl? what's the point? you'll always want her in the other way, so what the consequence is meaningless if she does say no.

but then again, my problem with girls is that I can never seem to get them alone, so I'm always talking to them in front of other people. the last time I asked a girl out I was alone in her room, thinking "why else would this girl have invited me over ffs" and when I did she was like "omg SS whaaat, but I thought we were just friends" - stupid girl. ffs. very absent minded. I mean, I had already had sex with her! (over a year before this point - but still!). but usually it's because I can't get the respective girl alone - the time before this I even asked her out over facebook because I was too busy to meet her and she was too busy to meet me (exams). oh yeah, and she also said no - she was (and still is) seeing somebody - this probably makes me sound very undesirable but nah I'm okay, just bad circumstances :lol:

but the point is this - always give into your masculine instincts - if that means be a thirsty horny old bastard then **** it, why not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
I didn't do it. We didn't really talk tonight as she was talking to someone else for most of the night so I didn't get a chance and I hate myself for it
Yes. chase it up. hating yourself is so dull. Dont do it.
I didn't do it. We didn't really talk tonight as she was talking to someone else for most of the night so I didn't get a chance and I hate myself for it

Plenty of other chances :-)
Original post by typicalvirgo
Plenty of other chances :-)

There aren't many chances where we can talk just me and her and we finish for Christmas in a couple of weeks so it's probably pointless now
There aren't many chances where we can talk just me and her and we finish for Christmas in a couple of weeks so it's probably pointless now

You will see her at your society won't you? When you have your long conversation ask her out for a drink afterwards.
Original post by chikane
You will see her at your society won't you? When you have your long conversation ask her out for a drink afterwards.

But normally when I'm talking to her at the society there's other people there aswell so it's hard to talk to her on her own
I just hate the fact I didn't even talk to her, I'm not gonna get another chance like last night anytime soon and by then it'll most likely be too late
I walked most of the way home with her today and we were getting on well but I bottled it and didn't ask her out so when I got back home I messaged her on Facebook asking if she wanted to go out sometime but I haven't had a reply and she hasn't read the message yet but she has been online for a little bit so I don't really know what to make of it.
I walked most of the way home with her today and we were getting on well but I bottled it and didn't ask her out so when I got back home I messaged her on Facebook asking if she wanted to go out sometime but I haven't had a reply and she hasn't read the message yet but she has been online for a little bit so I don't really know what to make of it.

She's probably emptying her diary for your date hence no reply.
Now she's actually read the message and still no response. It's not looking good now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending