The Student Room Group

How much do you edit your selfies?

I have a really bad habit of editing every single selfie that I intend to post, even snapchats. I was wondering if anyone is the same?!

Scroll to see replies

0%
Reply 2
#nofilters
Every now and then maybe but i look bad most of the time so the selfies are a rare occasion anyway :tongue:
Ive taken i think 3 selfies in the last 5 years. the only editing will be adjusting brightness.
I usually adjust the brightness or have a filter.
I use to but now I hardly do.
I don't, it's quite pathetic and vain to put effort into that
Original post by milik
I have a really bad habit of editing every single selfie that I intend to post, even snapchats. I was wondering if anyone is the same?!

I have never taken a selfie
Original post by milik

yes, I almost always edit - usually just changing brightness/contrast, changing to b&w, or sepia, or just putting frames or effects on. I occasionally crop...
I always worry about looking unrecognisable on FB/Instagram Vs. Real life.

Before I started my new job, there were like 100 of us put into a Facebook group to get to know each other before we started. I couldn't BELIEVE how different some people looked. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just, they were barely recognisable. To me, it defeats the object... It's meant to be you, not a skewed version of you. Then again.... Is Facebook real life? I dunno.
I normally change the brightness/contrast and maybe put a light filter over it
I must be the only person who's never taken one in their life
I only edit them in a photography sense, editing the contrast and brightness ext. When I was younger I edited my selfies so much that you could tell they were fake, I think the less editing the better, your natural beauty should be allowed to shine even if you don't think there is any there
Reply 14
I only edit ones going on insta or facebook. It's not like cameras are good enough quality to actually capture exactly what you look like so I don't really see it as misrepresentation
Not into selfies at all personally.
Original post by cbreef
Not into selfies at all personally.

Lol I love taking selfies :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
Lol I love taking selfies :colonhash:

Each to their own. I have never posted a picture of myself on the internet :h:
The only time I ever take selfies is to deliberately inflict awful look photos of me to my friends, editing would defeat the purpose.
Yepp I use all the weird filters on snapchat and if not I only use the lighter filter so I still look like me but in better lighting. Pretty sure most people do tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending