The Student Room Group

I've given up on school...

I've given up on school... im just gonna revise at home for my GCSE's and do however much work i feel like at school ....
F * * K School
Original post by Anonymous
I've given up on school... im just gonna revise at home for my GCSE's and do however much work i feel like at school ....
F * * K School

Doing however much you wanna do at school is a seriously bad idea - you're the only one who's going to suffer from that decision; you'll be getting detentions, lectures, and all sorts of bad stuff.

The trick is balance.

Balance the work you do at school and the work you do at home. This will create room for you to actually save time in the long-run because you won't have to work as hard. Don't give up on school - there are many good opportunities there that you should take advantage of including but not limited to:
- Careers advisers
- Asking teachers for specific tips and advice
- Getting to know people better and build skills such as teamwork

Make a new schedule and follow it. Start with small periods of study per day, in addition to the work you have to do from school e.g. homework, and also what you do inside school itself.

If you try to balance with your head tilted towards one side, you're very likely to fall, but if you balance both sides, you'll stand tall. Try it. That's the only way you'll know for sure If I'm wrong or if I'm right. Trying things is the only way you'd know you tried your best, if nothing else - Even if you actually devise a plan so that at home your revision is top-notch, causing you to have an excuse for not working as hard in school - though I'm sure your teachers would not accept that excuse and sooner or later you'll stray away from that too, without self-discipline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending