The Student Room Group

I really wanna to leave Islam BUT...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A-LJLB
Why make this knowing you'd offend people and trigger them, despite "meaning no offence".
how can leaving Islam be considered offensive ?
Original post by itsmoonlights
whats pathetic?

I dont think what i said was in any way pathetic. I made my point, gave my opinion.

just like how others make their negative and judgmental points towards islam and then say 'IMO' ... (not you)

Some people can't help but spread negativity about other people's beliefs, which I agree is wrong.
I'm technically Christian but struggle with my faith, but I'd never be negative towards others.
However people are going to judge this post and find something to complain about, it would have been best to just leave it, it isn't your problem it's theirs
Original post by A-LJLB
Some people can't help but spread negativity about other people's beliefs, which I agree is wrong.
I'm technically Christian but struggle with my faith, but I'd never be negative towards others.
However people are going to judge this post and find something to complain about, it would have been best to just leave it, it isn't your problem it's theirs

yes, people tend to spread negative thoughts about ones belief just to attract some attention or to be more included?

personally, i dont see the point in saying anything bad about someones religion; if its not something you believe, stay clear of it. in other words, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS ahah

but this post was just a bit of frustration to how people change their minds so quickly about a religion without looking into it properly. They hear one bad thing or one strict rule and then decide 'oh im gonna leave this religion lala'

if you have valid reasons that apply to you and you have done research, i see nothing bad in leaving any religion.
Original post by mariachi
how can leaving Islam be considered offensive ?

some people like to act offended just so they seem right.
yes, people tend to spread negative thoughts about ones belief just to attract some attention or to be more included?

personally, i dont see the point in saying anything bad about someones religion; if its not something you believe, stay clear of it. in other words, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS ahah

but this post was just a bit of frustration to how people change their minds so quickly about a religion without looking into it properly. They hear one bad thing or one strict rule and then decide 'oh im gonna leave this religion lala'

if you have valid reasons that apply to you and you have done research, i see nothing bad in leaving any religion.
the issue with some religions is that they do not only involve a person's spirituality : most religions include some kind of political/social ideology. They are therefore a concern for everyone.

If we just have a look at Christianity and Islam, we can see that they have left their mark on some societies for centuries, and still continue to inspire political/social movements

therefore, we cannot simply say we are not concerned : on the contrary, if we see "something bad" in a religion, there is absolutely no reason we should not criticise it and oppose its influence on society

best
You think you're making a good point, but you're really not. Why would someone not leave a religion if they don't agree with its rules and find it boring? Just like why would someone stay in a relationship that they're bored with and doesn't make them happy?

Stop hating just because you're bitter that other people don't think Islam is perfect.
Islam is absolutely perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile
just needed to let it out since i saw a really annoying post about someone wanting to leave the religion JUST because of a few rules
Islam is considered by its followers to be perfect, and valid for all times and all places

if you think that Allah was wrong on some points, according to mainstream Islam, you have a problem : as the saying goes, in Islam "you can't pick and choose" ...

personally, I am quite in favour of an active attitude towards religion . Any person should examine what the classical "revelation" means to him/her , and should follow his/her better judgement even if it contradicts "revelation" .

Between our rationality and revelation, the choice, IMHO, is clear : if, to this effect, you have to create your personal religion, then so be it

best
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You think you're making a good point, but you're really not. Why would someone not leave a religion if they don't agree with its rules and find it boring? Just like why would someone stay in a relationship that they're bored with and doesn't make them happy?

Stop hating just because you're bitter that other people don't think Islam is perfect.

religion is not the same as a relationship.
Islam is considered by its followers to be perfect, and valid for all times and all places

if you think that Allah was wrong on some points, according to mainstream Islam, you have a problem : as the saying goes, in Islam "you can't pick and choose" ...

personally, I am quite in favour of an active attitude towards religion . Any person should examine what the classical "revelation" means to him/her , and should follow his/her better judgement even if it contradicts "revelation" .

Between our rationality and revelation, the choice, IMHO, is clear : if, to this effect, you have to create your personal religion, then so be it

best

'you cant pick and choose' Yes I know, but you can follow as much as possible and stick to the main beliefs, that there is one God, and Muhammad is his messenger, pray your sallah ect.

You can still be Muslim as best you can, only God knows if you will be forgiven for any other sins/mistakes/disagreements
the issue with some religions is that they do not only involve a person's spirituality : most religions include some kind of political/social ideology. They are therefore a concern for everyone.

If we just have a look at Christianity and Islam, we can see that they have left their mark on some societies for centuries, and still continue to inspire political/social movements

therefore, we cannot simply say we are not concerned : on the contrary, if we see "something bad" in a religion, there is absolutely no reason we should not criticise it and oppose its influence on society

best

which is why I said, if it ACTUALLY RELATES to YOU and you are effected by any rules ect, I dont really care what you say. Of course, making sure that you're not disrespectful to the religion which is being spoken about.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

see what I mean. I give my opinion and the negativity has started..
see what I mean. I give my opinion and the negativity has started..

is that you in the photo op?
Original post by john2054
is that you in the photo op?

That's Ariana Grande
Original post by saraxh
That's Ariana Grande

damn :tongue:
i wont. because im not stupid. im not gonna leave a whole religion juST BECAUSE I DONT AGREE WITH A FEW RULES.. If I dont agree with a few things, im not gonna say the religion is crap and that I wanna leave it, I'll continue to believe in God and do my best to follow the religion AS MUCH AS I CAN. the rest is up to Him, and my repentance.

If you don't agree with some of what you believe are his rules, how are you 'following' the religion? What do you believe that the consequences of not following them all will be?

You might find it instructive to analyse why you don't believe some of the rules. Which ones?
Original post by MaherPhd
Islam is absolutely perfect

lol
SIKEEEEE

i wont. because im not stupid. im not gonna leave a whole religion juST BECAUSE I DONT AGREE WITH A FEW RULES.. If I dont agree with a few things, im not gonna say the religion is crap and that I wanna leave it, I'll continue to believe in God and do my best to follow the religion AS MUCH AS I CAN. the rest is up to Him, and my repentance.

Have a good day :smile:)

edit;
my whole point was, that when people say they wanna leave islam or any religion just because of a few rules which they do not believe in, it just makes them look like they cant be asked ( kinda bored of the religion) and are just finding a way out of it. Specially if the rules dont even have anything to do with you. but, if the rules are completely against what you aCTUALLY FOLLOW, then i guess u would have a reasonable explanation to leave :smile:

That's fine. Thing is, God's supposed ot be perfect, right? How can he then produce laws that you think are imperfect? Regardless, as long as you follow what you feel is moral and right then that's okay.
*Psyche
Reply 39
SIKEEEEE

Have a good day :smile:)

edit;
my whole point was, that when people say they wanna leave islam or any religion just because of a few rules which they do not believe in, it just makes them look like they cant be asked ( kinda bored of the religion) and are just finding a way out of it. Specially if the rules dont even have anything to do with you. but, if the rules are completely against what you aCTUALLY FOLLOW, then i guess u would have a reasonable explanation to leave :smile:

The punishment for apostasy is death, too, so there's that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending