The Student Room Group

How does coursework affect my grade?

In History, we have 30% coursework and 70% exam. I have full marks in my coursework, so an A*, but say if I got a D, C or B in the actual exam (which I will sit in May), what grade would I get overall? Thanks.
Original post by lucyj9
In History, we have 30% coursework and 70% exam. I have full marks in my coursework, so an A*, but say if I got a D, C or B in the actual exam (which I will sit in May), what grade would I get overall? Thanks.

Hey,
That will depend on how many marks you could possibly gain overall (in coursework and in exams combined) and on the grade boundaries. For example, if there were 100 possible marks to gain and 70 of them were on the exam and 30 on the coursework, then having gained 30/30 marks (welldone!) would get you say 30/100 overall. It then depends on what the grade boundaries are for your overall grade and that's probably not finalised yet. But say you got 20/70 in the test and that got you a D in the exam, that would be combined with your coursework marks to mean you got 50/100 altogether and what letter grade that would equal depends on the grade boundaries. All those numbers are completely hypothetical but hopefully it explains the concept a bit!
Good luck with your exams,
Izzy 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending