Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In History, we have 30% coursework and 70% exam. I have full marks in my coursework, so an A*, but say if I got a D, C or B in the actual exam (which I will sit in May), what grade would I get overall? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyj9)
    In History, we have 30% coursework and 70% exam. I have full marks in my coursework, so an A*, but say if I got a D, C or B in the actual exam (which I will sit in May), what grade would I get overall? Thanks.
    Hey,
    That will depend on how many marks you could possibly gain overall (in coursework and in exams combined) and on the grade boundaries. For example, if there were 100 possible marks to gain and 70 of them were on the exam and 30 on the coursework, then having gained 30/30 marks (welldone!) would get you say 30/100 overall. It then depends on what the grade boundaries are for your overall grade and that's probably not finalised yet. But say you got 20/70 in the test and that got you a D in the exam, that would be combined with your coursework marks to mean you got 50/100 altogether and what letter grade that would equal depends on the grade boundaries. All those numbers are completely hypothetical but hopefully it explains the concept a bit!
    Good luck with your exams,
    Izzy 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.