The Student Room Group

General Enquiries

Hello,

I am looking to enroll onto an Open University course I will be doing it part time and I wont be able to start untill October this year now but I am just doing some research into it all and have a few questions regarding finance;

1) Do I have to just apply for student finance every year or just the funding for the whole course? What if I get funding for one year but then not the next?

2) I have an AAT level 4 qulaification that I got about 6 years ago - is this classed as higher education and will it affect my chances of getting student finance?

3)Do they take into account household income, as I live with my partner who is on high income but his money isn't really anything to do with me or my money?

4) I work part time and have a child in nursery, does the fact I have an income (although quite a low income) affect my chances of getting financed?

5) Do you just get finance for the course fees only?

I think thats all for now,

Thanks

Beccy
Hi beccyt21

1. You must apply for funding each year on a part time application form

2. As long as you will be studying a higher level of qualification you will be eligible

3. We do not use household income as it is only a tuition fee loan you can apply for

4. We do not use the household income

5. Yes, we offer only a tuition fee loan for fees

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending