Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am looking to enroll onto an Open University course I will be doing it part time and I wont be able to start untill October this year now but I am just doing some research into it all and have a few questions regarding finance;

    1) Do I have to just apply for student finance every year or just the funding for the whole course? What if I get funding for one year but then not the next?

    2) I have an AAT level 4 qulaification that I got about 6 years ago - is this classed as higher education and will it affect my chances of getting student finance?

    3)Do they take into account household income, as I live with my partner who is on high income but his money isn't really anything to do with me or my money?

    4) I work part time and have a child in nursery, does the fact I have an income (although quite a low income) affect my chances of getting financed?

    5) Do you just get finance for the course fees only?

    I think thats all for now,


    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi beccyt21

    1. You must apply for funding each year on a part time application form

    2. As long as you will be studying a higher level of qualification you will be eligible

    3. We do not use household income as it is only a tuition fee loan you can apply for

    4. We do not use the household income

    5. Yes, we offer only a tuition fee loan for fees


University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.