The Student Room Group

Would you get upset if this were you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shencha
This exact thing happened to me- I'm annoyed but I haven't mentioned it to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHat are you waiting for????
Tbh mentioning won't do much because you don't accidentally exclude someone in a very small clique. CUT THEM OFF they're wasting your time, ruining your confidence, etc etc
I can tell that people like you are in a position when you've had a certain company that you call "friends" for so long that you might have forgotten a time when you didn't have them, and therefore not only is it hard for you to imagine having a different clique, but you might even be scared to break it off in fear of having no clique at all..
Reply 21
Original post by Cicilaw
WHat are you waiting for????
Tbh mentioning won't do much because you don't accidentally exclude someone in a very small clique. CUT THEM OFF they're wasting your time, ruining your confidence, etc etc
I can tell that people like you are in a position when you've had a certain company that you call "friends" for so long that you might have forgotten a time when you didn't have them, and therefore not only is it hard for you to imagine having a different clique, but you might even be scared to break it off in fear of having no clique at all..

I've known them for about a year (since year 12) and I'm leaving in a few months for uni so I'm planning on just losing contact. I am cutting them off as much as possible negl, I've been hanging with other people and just refusing their company.

I didn't speak to them about it bc I didn't want it to seem like I only put in effort so they would put in effort for mine- but it's not even like that- a simple card would have sufficed... even people not from my "friendship group" did that.

Honestly I feel like they use me as I'm always the one contributing the most money and time into gifts, which they always promise to pay back but never do. But I'm done with them now, and Ik in a few weeks (when it's someone's birthday) they'll turn to me, so maybe I'll speak to them then.

Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a group of crappy friends. I went on holiday with them twice and other people would ask why I'm traveling with them when they aren't my friends. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, funnily enough both holidays were great but shortly after we came back I took a step back. I realised they weren't people I enjoyed hanging out with and I realised some of them weren't genuine. Whenever I found out they went out without me I was so jealous, but on the last holiday everything seemed so fake.

I thought I was missing out on so much, I felt like I lost my best friend (although she did kind of hijack my friends in the first place). Within a few months my best friend ended up falling out with them anyway. I am so much happier without them in my life. Speaking of birthdays I will never forget organising a birthday event for myself and having them all make up excuses for why they couldn't attend. Sounds like you need to cut them loose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending