The Student Room Group

why are my friends always neutral?

Honestly, the exact same thing happened to me when I was in secondary school years ago, the only difference is that another close friend of mine was walking by, saw me upset and then did everything to defend me on the spot - she backed me up and she was there for me when my friend group were being silly. It was sad to get into an argument with my friends like that at that moment, but looking back, it's a good memory of the way my other friend backed me up regardless of what was happening- the way my friend handled them was hilarious and they were lost for words.

I'm not friends with that group anymore, it broke up after I left and stayed with other friends, however in regards to the friend that defended me; our friendship is going strong and we're in uni now.

It is not wrong at all to be upset, especially after they all started arguing with you, but those that just stayed quiet and didn't make an effort to defend you are bad friends - anyone would feel betrayed in that moment. But I guess they could also be staying neutral because everyone is leaving soon, but regardless of that - they still should have reasoned with your other friend group on your behalf.

I hope things improve for you, but honestly don't feel guilty for your emotions.

why are my friends always neutral?

Honestly, the exact same thing happened to me when I was in secondary school years ago, the only difference is that another close friend of mine was walking by, saw me upset and then did everything to defend me on the spot - she backed me up and she was there for me when my friend group were being silly. It was sad to get into an argument with my friends like that at that moment, but looking back, it's a good memory of the way my other friend backed me up regardless of what was happening- the way my friend handled them was hilarious and they were lost for words.

I'm not friends with that group anymore, it broke up after I left and stayed with other friends, however in regards to the friend that defended me; our friendship is going strong and we're in uni now.

It is not wrong at all to be upset, especially after they all started arguing with you, but those that just stayed quiet and didn't make an effort to defend you are bad friends - anyone would feel betrayed in that moment. But I guess they could also be staying neutral because everyone is leaving soon, but regardless of that - they still should have reasoned with your other friend group on your behalf.

I hope things improve for you, but honestly don't feel guilty for your emotions.
Reply 1
It's evident that they're not your friends then. They would not do the same for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending