The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge M.Phil in Innovation, Strategy and Organisation Applicants 2017

Hello All,

I am an applicant for the MPhil in ISO (Innovation, Strategy and Organisation) at JBS Cambridge for the October 2017 intake.

I had my interview 2 weeks ago. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information from ISO applicants on other threads and hence this could be a place for us to share our experiences with the admissions process.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello AKD_Oxf,

I have also applied for the MPhil ISO and had an interview about two weeks ago.
Have you heard back since then?

Best regards
CamISO
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Hello CamISO!

I am glad you responded!

I haven't heard from JBS. The CamSIS still says "Under review by department". How did your interview go? Mine went okay, I guess.

What is your background? I'm a slightly older student (30s) doing an MSc right now.
Reply 3
Also, someone from the general PG Cambridge applicants thread posted the following schedule:

http://www.student-registry.admin.cam.ac.uk/files/bgs_and_dcs_meeting_dates_2016-17.pdf

This schedule shows the degree committee meetings for Business & Management isn't until March 7th and then the BoGS (Board of Graduate Studies) meeting isn't until 11th of April. I am not sure how to interpret this in light of the timeline for our admission results.
Original post by AKD_Oxf
Also, someone from the general PG Cambridge applicants thread posted the following schedule:

http://www.student-registry.admin.cam.ac.uk/files/bgs_and_dcs_meeting_dates_2016-17.pdf

This schedule shows the degree committee meetings for Business & Management isn't until March 7th and then the BoGS (Board of Graduate Studies) meeting isn't until 11th of April. I am not sure how to interpret this in light of the timeline for our admission results.

My degree commitee made decision on a totally different day than the ones in that document, and the BoGS makes offers all the time (their meetings are only for administrative purposes).
Reply 5
Hey,

We are at the same stage then. Did they give you a timeline on when to expect to hear back?

Regarding my interview: I will see.
I am in my late twenties, so I think I am a more mature student too. What are you studying?

Best regards
CamISO

Original post by AKD_Oxf
Hello CamISO!

I am glad you responded!

I haven't heard from JBS. The CamSIS still says "Under review by department". How did your interview go? Mine went okay, I guess.

What is your background? I'm a slightly older student (30s) doing an MSc right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi CamISO,

I thought I heard the professor say something like 2 weeks but the whole interview was so rushed that I could easily have misunderstood.

I'm doing an MSc in Organization Behavior. What's your background?

Are you from the UK? I'm in the UK at the moment but for purposes of admission, I'll be considered an international applicant.

Have you applied for any funding? I have applied for just the regular ones (by checking the boxes on the application), not Gates or anything hyper-competitive.

I've been in touch with a couple of alumni— some of them did not have interviews!

AKD
Reply 7
Yes, I saw the meeting schedule as well, but thought that, at least BoGS decisions, weren't restricted to those dates. Thanks for the clarification! In the meantime, I am quite obsessively checking CamSIS :wink:

@capplicant: You already received your offer, didn't you?
Original post by CamISO
Yes, I saw the meeting schedule as well, but thought that, at least BoGS decisions, weren't restricted to those dates. Thanks for the clarification! In the meantime, I am quite obsessively checking CamSIS :wink:

@capplicant: You already received your offer, didn't you?

Yes I have, but totally different department area! I was just trying to reassure you that you can hear from them at anytime and not just those dates.

Good luck!
Reply 9
I heard the professor mentioning two weeks too, so I think we will hear back soon. Fingers crossed!

On the website they stated that interviews are not usually held, but sometimes they reach out for further information. I was asked to send an additional academic reference. (One was non-academic, because I am not currently at uni but working.) Did they ask for something specific during your interview? How long did your interview take?

I am an EU applicant. I also applied for the regular funding options.

CamISO

Original post by AKD_Oxf
Hi CamISO,

I thought I heard the professor say something like 2 weeks but the whole interview was so rushed that I could easily have misunderstood.

I'm doing an MSc in Organization Behavior. What's your background?

Are you from the UK? I'm in the UK at the moment but for purposes of admission, I'll be considered an international applicant.

Have you applied for any funding? I have applied for just the regular ones (by checking the boxes on the application), not Gates or anything hyper-competitive.

I've been in touch with a couple of alumni— some of them did not have interviews!

AKD
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
My interview was about 15-17 mins. I was not asked for anything specific to be submitted after the interview.
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied in november and got my offer about a month ago, a week after the interview. Good luck to those waiting to hear!
Reply 12
Original post by florencebunny
I applied in november and got my offer about a month ago, a week after the interview. Good luck to those waiting to hear!

Hi Florencebunny,

Many congratulations!
Original post by AKD_Oxf
Hi Florencebunny,

Many congratulations!

Thanks- am very excited though equally terrified at the prospect of losing all my income haha hopefully will have more good news to come re. Funding.

Beth
Reply 14
Thanks- am very excited though equally terrified at the prospect of losing all my income haha hopefully will have more good news to come re. Funding.

Beth

Congrats!
Do you mind sharing your background?

I keep my fingers crossed for you re funding. Have you applied for anything specific?

Best regards
CamISO
Original post by CamISO
Congrats!
Do you mind sharing your background?

I keep my fingers crossed for you re funding. Have you applied for anything specific?

Best regards
CamISO

Sure, I'm 22 so expecting to be on the younger end, undergrad in Music from Manchester so slightly unusual in that sense but then big 4 grad scheme (financial advisory) after that.

Re. funding I'm a UK student so will apply for the loan for fees and ticked the general box, plus am applying for a few little local grants.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi all,

I have also applied to MPhil in ISO. How long did it take for Cambridge to invite you to an interview? My application says "Under consideration by department" but I have not received any invitation to attend an interview yet. Thanks for letting me know.
Mine took months- was invited in January after applying in November
Thanks so much for your reply!

Mine took months- was invited in January after applying in November
Reply 19
Original post by Andrew_ISO
Hi all,

I have also applied to MPhil in ISO. How long did it take for Cambridge to invite you to an interview? My application says "Under consideration by department" but I have not received any invitation to attend an interview yet. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Andrew!

I applied early January and was invited end of January for an Interview beginning of February, but haven't heard back since then. However, as mentioned earlier, I was told that a reply would take about two weeks, so I am not too worried about the time span (yet). My status still is the same as yours.
When did you apply?

Best regards
CamISO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending