The Student Room Group

Useful petitions to sign (in my opinion, alternatives also accepted :) )

pay £350m per week to the NHS or re-run the EU referendum

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171869

The NHS must never be privatised and remain a free, publicly funded UK service.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/174321

Change the University fees from £9250 back to the £3000 fee for the UK

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/182953

If anyone has any more ones they recommend feel free to post it :smile:
Appreciate the sentiment but unfortunately these petitions won't do anything.
1) Brexit will happen and that £350 million isn't going to the nhs. I blame every idiot who believed that in the first place.
2) Privatisation will be partially put in place but it will still be free to use so it's fine.
3) Tuition fees is not the problem, the debt put on students by brexit would not be nearly as bad if we had affordable housing for first time buyers. We shouldn't protest tuition fees, we should try to encourage building affordable housing (flats are an incredibly efficient cheap way of building homes and should be considered the future of housing in the UK).

You may disagree but that's my 2 cents.
For your first petition they never said it😂 they suggested half the net amount we send to the eu which is 100m a week and they weren't running to be elected there was no manifesto.

God people are stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Reply 4
Original post by paul514
For your first petition they never said it😂 they suggested half the net amount we send to the eu which is 100m a week and they weren't running to be elected there was no manifesto.

God people are stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't create these petitions. I'm just copying them into here if anyone wanted to sign it.
Original post by paul514
For your first petition they never said it😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attachment not found

I suppose this is “fake news", then?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
They're all dumb petitions, also petitions are useless.
Original post by MusiK.622
Attachment not found

I suppose this is “fake news", then?

There's no attachment so god knows what you have linked.

I hope it's not the bus as that would just be pathetic. If so, one learn to read.

2. Millions watched the tv debates and read leaflets which said 100m and no where near that saw that bus to even have the chance to be stupid and go durr three fifty million

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Governah
I didn't create these petitions. I'm just copying them into here if anyone wanted to sign it.

Yea copying it for people to sign so you endorse it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by zayn008
They're all dumb petitions, also petitions are useless.

This.

OP, well done on wasting your time.

The petition system is nothing more than a dummy for the pseudo-activist to pacify themselves with while thinking they're doing something important, when in reality all get ignored.
Original post by paul514
There's no attachment so god knows what you have linked.

I hope it's not the bus as that would just be pathetic. If so, one learn to read.

2. Millions watched the tv debates and read leaflets which said 100m and no where near that saw that bus to even have the chance to be stupid and go durr three fifty million

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not the bus. I don't know why it hasn't worked, it is a picture of the leave campaign's “£350m to the NHS" poster. I suggest you google it.
Anyway, I'd say that the bus made a bigger impact than you'd think - even if someone didn't see it in person, they probably would've seen it on the news.
Maybe the leave campaign also did say that it would be £100m going to the NHS, but they definitely said £350m on several occasions... But then both the remain and leave parties were throwing around lots of inaccurate facts and figures to try to gain voters.

Also, if you're telling me to learn to read, then I suggest you double-check your post for meaning otherwise you might come across a tad hypocritical.
Original post by MusiK.622
It's not the bus. I don't know why it hasn't worked, it is a picture of the leave campaign's “£350m to the NHS" poster. I suggest you google it.
Anyway, I'd say that the bus made a bigger impact than you'd think - even if someone didn't see it in person, they probably would've seen it on the news.
Maybe the leave campaign also did say that it would be £100m going to the NHS, but they definitely said £350m on several occasions... But then both the remain and leave parties were throwing around lots of inaccurate facts and figures to try to gain voters.

Also, if you're telling me to learn to read, then I suggest you double-check your post for meaning otherwise you might come across a tad hypocritical.

Lol they might have said 100m....

Yea they might have said it 99 times then wrote a message on the side of a bus once that suggested it but didn't promise it directly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Governah
pay £350m per week to the NHS or re-run the EU referendum

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171869

The NHS must never be privatised and remain a free, publicly funded UK service.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/174321

Change the University fees from £9250 back to the £3000 fee for the UK

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/182953

If anyone has any more ones they recommend feel free to post it :smile:

None of the leave campaign politicians had relevant power to make that commitment, and at the time when i was watching the interviews they said "350 million which could be spend on the NHS." Not £350 million would be spent on the NHS. If your calling leave out on that, you must also call out the remain campaign who said that even before we pull out of the EU we would be in an economic crisis, a crisis which has not happened yet. I accept we may have a slow down but i voted leave based on the immigration control.

In terms of Tuation fees I would not lower them to a flat £3000 for everyone, for example the key pro immigration argument is that Doctors come to Britain which is a skill our people need and Tory governments do not like public services, anyone who denies this is stupid, my proposal would be for highly skilled workers is still charge the same and give it them back in the shape of adding it to there personal allowance- providing they find a job within the same sector and remain there for 10 years. I would not send it back down to £3000, I think around £5000 is fair. Gradually refunding them via personal allowance enhancement will keep them in the industry longer- this would only apply to state controlled organisations such as the NHS.

Just an Idea of how it can work- add 120 on to the end of there tax code so If a doctor completes there degree and works for the NHS there tax code will be 1123L so over 10 years they do not lose out. Someone will probably think this is a stupid idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending