The Student Room Group

How to change student finance application?

I made a stupid mistake filling out my forms and I need to change my parents' status from married to separated, can I do this online or do I need to redo my application or something else? Thanks for the help
Original post by mermelada
I made a stupid mistake filling out my forms and I need to change my parents' status from married to separated, can I do this online or do I need to redo my application or something else? Thanks for the help

Hi there, If you have indicated that your parents are married and they are now separated we can accept a signed and dated cover letter from yourself advising the error on your application and for this to be uploaded along with evidence of their separation. I have included the evidence we can provide below:
- Decree Nisi or a Conditional Order* from the 2022/23 AY
- Civil Partnership Conditional Order
- Solicitors letter that confirms current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit** - a sworn declaration made in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. Typically made under oath and signed then stamped by a Solicitor
- Statutory declaration** - Normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or drafted by a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court
- Council tax bill with an acceptable discount:
- 25% single person occupancy discount
- 18-20 still in education
- Single person discount
- Sole occupier discount
- Only one adult resident

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending