The Student Room Group

Removing parent from application

Hello, my parents have now separated and my father will no longer be supporting my application. Is there any way to go about removing him? Will my circumstances be reassessed and will the amount I receive change?

Thank you
Original post by Olivess345
Hello, my parents have now separated and my father will no longer be supporting my application. Is there any way to go about removing him? Will my circumstances be reassessed and will the amount I receive change?

Thank you

H there, if your parents marital status has changed we would require evidence of their marital status for the team to review. We would also require a cover letter from yourself requesting your father to be removed from your application. The evidence we can accept is listed below:

- Decree Nisi or a Conditional Order* from the 2022/23 AY
- Civil Partnership Conditional Order
- Solicitors letter that confirms current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit** - a sworn declaration made in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. Typically made under oath and signed then stamped by a Solicitor
- Statutory declaration** - Normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or drafted by a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court
- Council tax bill with an acceptable discount:
- 25% single person occupancy discount
- 18-20 still in education
- Single person discount
- Sole occupier discount
- Only one adult resident

Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
H there, if your parents marital status has changed we would require evidence of their marital status for the team to review. We would also require a cover letter from yourself requesting your father to be removed from your application. The evidence we can accept is listed below:

- Decree Nisi or a Conditional Order* from the 2022/23 AY
- Civil Partnership Conditional Order
- Solicitors letter that confirms current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit** - a sworn declaration made in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. Typically made under oath and signed then stamped by a Solicitor
- Statutory declaration** - Normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or drafted by a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court
- Council tax bill with an acceptable discount:
- Single person discount
- Sole occupier discount

Thanks, Karen

What would happen if they are still married but no longer living together?
Original post by Olivess345
What would happen if they are still married but no longer living together?

Hi there, We would advise to send a Council tax bill with an acceptable discount:
- Single person discount
- Sole occupier discount

Or a Solicitors letter that confirms current marital status.

Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending