The Student Room Group

Do guys stay with girls without sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by queenofswords
If I was a guy, I wouldn't tbh
But there are guys out there also saving themselves for after marriage..

"Saving"? Sex do not damage people.
Reply 21
Original post by Eternalflames
:toofunny:

This hijra has a big dick :sexface:

:rofl:

I googled it. wow.
Original post by Josb
I googled it. wow.

:toofunny:

Beautiful creatures :wink:
Original post by Josb
"Saving"? Sex do not damage people.

Yeah cringe I know.
I that's a term some people use.

'I'm saving my self until marriage'. LOOL
Reply 24
I'm female and couldn't be with someone who isn't dtf:colonhash:
Reply 25
Original post by Smud
I know enough to say that Christianity does not guarantee finding someone who will wait. Although they can sometimes be more understanding or accepting of it because of the religion. It's one of those big debates.

Sex drive is a powerful, presumably God given, thing
Nah **** that!

Imagine if you waited until marriage and the sex was crap? Even in ye olde times, if you look census data or diary entries it's incredibly the vast majority of people in european culture, if not others, have had sex outside of wedlock for at least a couple thousand of years.
Reply 27
Original post by Zarek
Sex drive is a powerful, presumably God given, thing

Possibly why it's one of the reasons to make it such a debate.
yeah just go for a 'nice guy' type

:L
Depends on the person really, some guys do, some guys don't. I think eventually though men find sex through other means. I think I might be able to if she's a unicorn.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm fine with making out and things but I would prefer to stay without sex until I marry. Would I have a chance at a long term relationship or would no guys want to be with me? Do guys at uni not tend to look for long term relationships?

Thank you

I would, but I do have a old fashioned attitude towards dating with the whole no sex before marriage thing. I am not religious, so it's not do to with that. Sex is not the only thing a relationship is for. It is a important part of a relationship when it is introduced. I believe that with a girl Happiness is only a mile away, Though maybe we could walk togethe. No point rushing in to these things. Just take slow and steady. Some couples rush to do it and it spoils or taints the relationship.

With the whole uni situation I think you will find it hard for someone to share the same attitude and stand by it. Some my say they will, but still try and get it out of you. Plus the potential pool of possible people some could be religous, which depending on your beliefs might not be best suited to you. I think it woll be possible hard to find a geniune long term partner. But you don't know till you try.
Some guys will be fine with it, others wont.

I'm not the most sexual person and I hate full on penetrative sex but don't mind foreplay and that sort of things and my partner has accepted that full blown sex will either very rarely happen or will never happen, even after we get married soon and its been like that for the past 8 years. We have found other ways to have fun together instead and our relationship hasn't suffered.
I'm fine with making out and things but I would prefer to stay without sex until I marry. Would I have a chance at a long term relationship or would no guys want to be with me? Do guys at uni not tend to look for long term relationships?

Thank you

My son has been with his gf for 3 1/2 yrs. they have done the same as you. Of course you can meet a like minded person. There are more than you think!!
Original post by Spock's Socks
Some guys will be fine with it, others wont.

I'm not the most sexual person and I hate full on penetrative sex but don't mind foreplay and that sort of things and my partner has accepted that full blown sex will either very rarely happen or will never happen, even after we get married soon and its been like that for the past 8 years. We have found other ways to have fun together instead and our relationship hasn't suffered.

You're very fortunate to have such an accepting partner. Mine still has problems accepting.
when most of the time i get a crush i never think about us having sex, just us being in a relationship and doing other things
I have been lucky to date the same man for 2 years now and we both agreed at the beginning to wait to have sex until marriage because we are Christians and that is our core value.

He has been quite amazing. Even in my moments of weakness, he reminds me that we are in this together and we have the will and power to do it. He will not let me cross the line. We will kiss and all but once we know we are about to cross the line, he will remind me of our promise and that will be the end of it.

In short, it is truly possible but you must have a supportive partner who shares the same values with you.
It can work both ways for any gender. For example I wouldn't be someone who would wait until marriage, I think sex and intimacy is a key part of a relationship and it's important to know if you're compatible. However, I know other people would want to wait for marriage and those who wouldn't mind. As others have said, it depends on the individual, and you shouldn't have sex before marriage if you don't want to just to please someone, find someone who will respect your decision :smile:
Reply 37
I'm a guy and I wouldn't.

It's not even about sex. I just couldn't date someone who thinks marriage is so important/it's worth waiting that long just for something like sex.
yeah probably a deeply muslim guy if you can find one

Thank you

They are more likely to remain with you long-term if you don't sleep with them, than if you do. Almost none (apart from complete douche-balls) would terminate a relationship with you for this reason, if they liked you. However, it is not in the class interests of young men to actually admit to this, or that they would respect you more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending