The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amazon_Lover
If shes ur little sister then why dont u pray urself instead of telling others to, and whatever happens happens its destiny

So if the outcome of her exam is already predestined, what difference is praying going to make?
Reply 61
Goddamit everyone just stfu

She probably has done her exam by now
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
So if the outcome of her exam is already predestined, what difference is praying going to make?

Planta calm down :rofl:
Original post by Kuffar Sheikh
That's too much "rational thinking" for the muslims I guess.

:rolleyes:

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Dua's not going to make a difference, only hard work, study, natural intelligence and to a certain extent luck regarding how easy or hard an exam is. If duas actually worked then you would be able to get 100% without writing a single word on the paper, but that never happens of course. It's only students who work hard who get the good grades which makes the supposed effectiveness of the dua rather convenient as well as totally superfluous.

God helps those who first help themselves.
Original post by AishaGirl
:rolleyes:

God helps those who first help themselves.

How does god help someone, and what method do you use to verify if your god helps at all, and how much?
How does god help someone, and what method do you use to verify if your god helps at all, and how much?

I'm not answering any questions on Islam.

Dua is not all that is required but it's very powerful and helps us connect with Allah and show him that we trust in him and in return helps us.
Reply 66
I didn't claim that someone claimed it's afghanistan. However, some here BEHAVED like it was afghanistan. In shitholes like afghanistan, pakistan or saudi, the slightest criticism of islam, or even questioning the islamic doctrine is unacceptable. Some people here have the SAME mentality - they lose their minds when they see their religion is being questioned, EVEN when done "respectfully".

They forget that this is UK, and here their special religion means NOTHING special, and everyone has the right to criticize it in however ways they see fit. Saying "this is not afghanistan is just a reminder that this REALLY is not afghanistan, but the UK where people have rights".

It seems like the only one losing their mind is you 🙄
I'm not answering any questions on Islam.

Dua is not all that is required but it's very powerful and helps us connect with Allah and show him that we trust in him and in return helps us.

You keep making atrocious claims, one after another, and when we ask "how do you know", your answer is "I am not answering".
Original post by h333
It seems like the only one losing their mind is you 🙄

Some non muslims be obsessed with us and Islam :giggle:
Reply 69
Some non muslims be obsessed with us and Islam :giggle:

Ikr, seriously this thread was so nice and positive but they can't handle that too. Always going off topic. Funny thing is no one is here telling off that Kuffar Sheikh user but if this was a Muslim they would have immediately attacked. Alhamdulillah for OP's patience. Oh well.

Anyway let's not derail :smile:
Original post by h333
Ikr, seriously this thread was so nice and positive but they can't handle that too. Always going off topic. Funny thing is no one is here telling off that Kuffar Sheikh user but if this was a Muslim they would have immediately attacked. Alhamdulillah for OP's patience. Oh well.

Anyway let's not derail :smile:

That's why its best to just stick to the ISOC for salams and duas :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 71
That's why its best to just stick to the ISOC for salams and duas :biggrin:

Very true but this much insults and hate just for a prayer :facepalm:
Alhamdulillah for ISOC.

We don't force anything on anyone.

Anyone taking a stand against violence is A-OK in my book - but you asking my opinion on this means you missed the very basic message I try to paint in my posts, which is - "islam" and "muslims" are two very different things and they are not interchangeable.

What muslims do/don't do is IRRELEVANT when it comes to judging islam. The ONLY way to judge islam is by its scripture, i.e., quran and hadith.

This country, England, gives ANYONE the right to define "islam" whatever way they want to. If someone wants to say "islam means eating cheesecake all day" - they can do it. If someone wants to say "islam means killing anyone who doesn't submit", they can do it. But that doesn't mean how they define islam IS islam - only quran and hadith define islam.

That is the reason, in order to find out if an act is islamic or not - I look at the source. If an act is supported / ordained by the scripture, it's islamic. Unfortunately, islam has just too many of those nasty, disgusting, barbaric, filthy commandments.

islam doesn't become barbaric just because some muslims killed people in the name of islam. Same way, islam does not become "pretty" because some muslims held "love" signs. What defines islam is quran, and hadith - and by quran and hadith, islam is a nasty, barbaric, disgusting, anti-progress ideology.

Hope you get my point.

Btw, I have issues with islam, and NOT most muslims. Most muslims have not done anything to violate people's rights directly. 99% of the people I know are muslims, including my mom, dad, brothers, sisters, neighbors, friends. What they do is judged on the merit of the actions - they are not/should not be used to judge islam as an ideology. ONLY the scripture should be used.
(edited 7 years ago)
You keep making atrocious claims, one after another, and when we ask "how do you know", your answer is "I am not answering".

Religious people refuse to answer because they know that have no explanation that makes logical and rational sense.
Original post by iqra2159
Goddamit everyone just stfu

She probably has done her exam by now

i know she has and she did read namaz and make duaa and alhamdulillah she said it went really well plus shes in top set anyway! thanks iqra for sticking up for me
Reply 77

They were Ahmadi Muslims.

Unfortunately, Ahmadis are not recognised as Muslims by the real Muslims, including many people of the TSR I-SOC.
Btw, I have issues with islam, and NOT most muslims. Most muslims have not done anything to violate people's rights directly. 99% of the people I know are muslims, including my mom, dad, brothers, sisters, neighbors, friends

Do you voice your hatred for Islam so vehemently to them? Or is it just online where you pluck up the courage?

What they do is judged on the merit of the actions - they are not/should not be used to judge islam as an ideology. ONLY the scripture should be used.

And 99.5% of Muslims are peaceful loving people, unfortunately all it takes is one bad person to do something in the name of Islam and all the good every Muslim ever did gets erased.
Reply 79
Do you voice your hatred for Islam so vehemently to them? Or is it just online where you pluck up the courage?

And 99.5% of Muslims are peaceful loving people, unfortunately all it takes is one bad person to do something in the name of Islam and all the good every Muslim ever did gets erased.

You need to understand that Islam is just a religion, ANYBODY has the freedom to criticise Islam as a religion, not the followers of the religion, just the religion itself as an idea and the impact it has on people and the way of life. It's extremely easy to radicalise young men and women in this religion and this is a major problem.

I will voice my hatred for Islam in front of them so what, how many innocent people has died due to this religion just like all the other Abrahamic religions? Are they going to assault me if i tell them about my hatred of Islam as a religion? I got the courage to do it and i'm not afraid to say it, you're living in the UK not in the middle east so you can't stop me from criticising your religion.

Latest

Trending

Trending